Fiesta Bean Salad
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 0 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
Black beans, chick peas, tomatoes, cilantro and avocado are tossed with a cumin-lime vinaigrette – I love the bright, fresh flavors of this quick and easy salad! Perfect for lunch, Meatless Mondays, or even as a side dish with grilled steak, shrimp or chicken.
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive
- 1 tsp cumin
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 oz can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup canned chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/4 cup minced red onion (finely diced)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 medium avocado (diced)
In a large bowl, combine the garlic, lime juice, oil, cumin, crushed red pepper, and salt.
Add the black beans, chickpeas, tomato, onion and cilantro; mix well.
When ready to eat, gently mix in avocado and serve right away.
Serving: 1generous cup, Calories: 335kcal, Carbohydrates: 47g, Protein: 14g, Fat: 11.5g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Sodium: 481.5mg, Fiber: 15.5g, Sugar: 0.5g
Freestyle Points: 4
Points +: 7