Grilled Shrimp Avocado Fennel and Orange Salad
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
Grilled shrimp, slices of avocado, shaved fennel and oranges are served over baby kale and mixed greens then topped with a citrus vinaigrette.
- 2 navel oranges (peeled and sliced)
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp (peeled and deveined (weight after peeled))
- 4 cups fresh arugula or baby greens
- 1 cup 1⁄2 small bulb fresh fennel, thinly sliced or shaved w/ mandoline
- 1 medium-size ripe Hass avocado (sliced thin)
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 large navel orange (peeled and squeezed)
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp minced shallots
- kosher salt (to taste)
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Combine the orange juice from one of the oranges, lemon juice, olive oil, shallots, kosher salt and pepper in a container with a tight-fitting lid and shake it vigorously to combine.
Reserve 1⁄2 cup of the vinaigrette for dressing the salad and pour the remaining vinaigrette into a medium nonreactive bowl.
Put the shrimp in the bowl, season with salt and pepper and toss; let it sit for about 30 minutes.
Prepare your outdoor grill, or heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
Grill the shrimp until just cooked through and opaque, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
Divide the baby greens on four plates, top with sliced fennel, oranges, avocados and shrimp.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette, about 2 tbsp per salad.
Serving: 1/4, Calories: 283.5kcal, Carbohydrates: 19g, Protein: 26g, Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 172.5mg, Sodium: 196mg, Potassium: 0mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 8g, Vitamin A: 0%, Vitamin C: 0%, Calcium: 0%, Iron: 0%
Freestyle Points: 4
Points +: 7