Shrimp Ceviche Cocktail
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 0 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Shrimp cocktail is fine, but when I want something special, I like to have my zesty lime shrimp ceviche style!
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 small limes (squeezed)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb large cooked, peeled shrimp
- 1 medium hass avocado (diced into chunks)
- 1 medium tomato (diced)
- 1 cup diced English cucumber (not peeled)
- 1 serrano pepper (seeds removed and minced)
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro (plus more for garnish)
- salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 lime cut into wedges for serving
- 2 1/4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
In a small bowl combine red onion, lime juice, olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper.
Let them marinate at least 5 minutes to mellow the flavor of the onion.
In a large bowl combine shrimp, avocado, tomato, cucumber, serrano pepper.
Combine all the ingredients together, add cilantro and gently toss.
Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Fill nine martini glasses with shredded lettuce.
Top each with 1/2 cup shrimp salad and garnish with a sprig of cilantro.
Serve with a wedge of lime.
Serving: 1/2 cup salad + 1/4 cup lettuce, Calories: 100kcal, Carbohydrates: 5g, Protein: 11g, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Cholesterol: 98mg, Sodium: 135mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 1g
Blue Smart Points: 1
Green Smart Points: 2
Purple Smart Points: 1
Points +: 3