Turkey Pot Pie Soup Recipe
Leftover turkey is delicious in turkey pot pie, so I thought why not use it to make turkey pot pie soup?
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups turkey stock
- 4 cups fat free milk
- 2 large celery stalks (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 8 oz sliced cremini mushrooms
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 8 oz frozen peas and carrots
- 1 tsp Turkey Better n Boullion (or more to taste)
- 2 medium (12 oz total potatoes, peeled and cubed small)
- 16 oz cooked turkey breast (diced small or shredded)
Create a slurry by combining 1/2 cup of the cold broth with flour in a medium bowl and whisk until well blended. Set aside.
Pour remaining broth and milk into a large pot and slowly bring to a boil.
Add celery, onion, mushrooms, parsley, fresh pepper, frozen vegetables, boullion and return to a boil. Partially cover and simmer on low until vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes.
Remove lid, add potatoes and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
Add turkey, and slowly whisk in slurry, stirring well as you add. Cook another 2-3 minutes, until soup thickens, adjust salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Serving: 1and 1/3 cups, Calories: 192kcal, Carbohydrates: 27g, Protein: 18g, Fat: 2g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 8.5g
Freestyle Points: 3
Points +: 7