Warm Mexican Corn Salad (Elote)
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
Sweet summer corn lightly coated with lime infused mayonnaise, a touch of hot chili powder and cojita cheese. Also known as the Mexican street corn salad, elote.
- 4 large fresh cobs of corn
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (more or less to taste (check labels for GF))
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice (from half a lime)
- 1 tbsp minced cilantro
- 2 tbsp scallions (minced)
- 1/2 cup 40 g cotija cheese, grated
- 5 lime wedges for serving
Boil corn in boiling water for 5 minutes, remove from heat.
When cool enough to handle, cut corn off the cobb. (makes 4 cups)
In a large bowl combine mayonnaise, yogurt, chili powder, and lime juice; mix well.
Add corn, cilantro, scallions and cheese and toss.
Serve with lime wedges.
Serving: 0.75cups, Calories: 152.5kcal, Carbohydrates: 25.3g, Protein: 5.8g, Fat: 4.9g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g, Cholesterol: 4.5mg, Sodium: 144mg, Fiber: 3.5g, Sugar: 4.4g
Blue Smart Points: 4
Green Smart Points: 7
Purple Smart Points: 4
Points +: 4