Farro with Feta Cucumbers and Sun-dried Tomatoes
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
This salad combines farro with Mediterranean ingredients such as cucumbers, lemon juice, feta and mint for a delicious salad you can enjoy as a side dish, or even for lunch! This would be perfect to bring to a potluck or BBQ this Memorial Day weekend!
- 1 cup uncooked pearled farro
- 2 tbsp minced red onion
- 1/4 cup minced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh grated feta
- 2/3 cup finely chopped cucumber (seeds removed)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint or parsley
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Cook farro in salted water according to package directions until al dente, about 15-20 minutes.
Drain and let cool.
Combine with remaining ingredients and toss well. Serve chilled or room temperature.
Serving: 1cup, Calories: 241kcal, Carbohydrates: 39g, Protein: 9g, Fat: 6.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Sodium: 177.5mg, Potassium: 0mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 0%, Vitamin C: 0%, Calcium: 0%, Iron: 0%
Freestyle Points: 6
Points +: 4