Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
The perfect ending to a meal is a homemade warm fruit crisp topped with a dollop of whipped cream. Spring rhubarb and strawberries are the perfect combination of sweet and tart and work so well together for this comforting dessert.
- For the filling:
- 20 ounces strawberries (hulled and quartered)
- 12 ounces rhubarb stalks (about 5 or 6 cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1/2 orange (zested and juiced)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup honey
- For the Topping:
- 3/4 cup quick oats (I used gluten-free)
- 1/3 cup 100% gluten-free or white whole wheat flour
- 2.25 ounces light brown sugar or coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
Heat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine strawberries and rhubarb in an oven safe dish.
Then orange juice and orange zest; sprinkle with cornstarch and toss until fruit is well coated.
Mix remaining ingredients for the topping in a medium bowl then spread over fruit.
Bake until topping is golden brown and fruit is bubbling, about 40 minutes.
Serve with a scoop of frozen yogurt or whipped cream if desired.
Serving: 1/2 cup, Calories: 219kcal, Carbohydrates: 38.5g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 7g, Sodium: 3mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 24g
Freestyle Points: 7
Points +: 6