Penne Arugula Salad with Sun Dried Tomatoes
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
Peppery arugula tossed with nutty chickpeas, penne pasta, sun dried tomatoes, shaved parmesan and balsamic vinegar.
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 6 oz Ronzoni Smart Taste penne pasta (use brown rice pasta for g.f.)
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans (chick peas, rinsed and drained)
- 4 tbsp Parmigiano Reggiano (freshly shaved)
Boil pasta in salted water according to package directions for al dente.
Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking.
Toss the pasta with baby arugula, sun dried tomatoes, chick peas, oil, vinegar, half of the cheese, salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
Divide between 4 plates and top with remaining shaved parmesan cheese.
Serving: 2cups, Calories: 280.4kcal, Carbohydrates: 43.6g, Protein: 10.9g, Fat: 9.2g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g, Cholesterol: 1.8mg, Sodium: 337.1mg, Fiber: 7.9g, Sugar: 3.3g
Freestyle Points: 9
Points +: 7