Brown Coconut Rice with Cilantro
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
Coconut milk, brown rice, coconut flakes, fresh ginger and cilantro are combined to create this simple side dish, perfect to accompany many Thai dishes.
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice (brown jasmine, basmati or short grain works well)
- 1 cup lite coconut milk (Thai Kitchen)
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1/4 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- 2 tbsp sweetened grated coconut
- 3 tbsp cilantro
In a medium sized heavy pot, add coconut milk, rice, water, ginger, garlic, salt and coconut; bring to a bowl over medium heat.
Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until all liquid evaporates, about 40-45 minutes.
Remove from heat, keep covered for 10 more minutes.
Fluff with a fork; toss with cilantro.
Serving: 1/4th, Calories: 206kcal, Carbohydrates: 35.1g, Protein: 3.1g, Fat: 5.4g, Saturated Fat: 3.2g, Sodium: 154.3mg, Fiber: 1.8g, Sugar: 1.3g
Blue Smart Points: 8
Green Smart Points: 8
Purple Smart Points: 8
Points +: 5