Skinny Scalloped Potato Gratin
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr
Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins
Skinny Scalloped Potato Gratin – Thinly sliced yukon gold potatoes, layered and baked in a light buttery sauce and shredded cheese. So good without the guilt!
- olive oil spray (I used my misto)
- 6 medium peeled yukon gold potatoes (sliced 1/8-inch-thick (2 lb 4 oz peeled))
- 2 tbsp light butter (melted)
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 oz 3/4 cup shredded reduced fat Cheddar (I used Cabot)
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 1 bay leaf
- pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tsp thyme
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Spray an 11 x 7-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine potatoes, butter, salt, garlic powder and fresh cracked pepper.
Arrange half of the potato slices in the baking dish; top with 1/4 cup cheese. Add the remaining potatoes.
In a small saucepan, bring milk, thyme, bay leaf and nutmeg to a boil; pour over potatoes.
Top with remaining cheese and bake uncovered, for 45 - 50 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
Serving: 1cup (1/7th of recipe), Calories: 160kcal, Carbohydrates: 24.5g, Protein: 7g, Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Cholesterol: 0.5mg, Sodium: 42.5mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 2.5g
Freestyle Points: 6
Points +: 3