Summer Tomatoes, Corn, Crab and Avocado Salad
A wonderful summer salad made with lump crab meat, summer tomatoes, sweet charred roasted corn, cilantro, hot peppers and zesty lime juice. Serve this over mixed greens or tostadas as a main dish or you can put this in martini glasses as a fancy appetizer.
- 12 oz lump crab meat
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 hass avocado (diced)
- 2 hot peppers such as serrano or jalapeños (diced fine (seeds removed for mild))
- 1 1/2 cups roasted corn kernels
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 limes (juice of (or more to taste))
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
In a small bowl combine red onion, lime juice, olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper.
Let them marinate at least 5 minutes to mellow the flavor of the onion.
In a large bowl combine chopped crab meat, avocado, tomatoes, hot pepper and corn.
Combine all the ingredients together, add cilantro and gently toss.
Adjust lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.
Serving: 1cup, Calories: 131kcal, Carbohydrates: 11.5g, Protein: 9g, Fat: 6g, Sodium: 263.5mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 2.5g
Blue Smart Points: 1
Green Smart Points: 1
Purple Smart Points: 1
Points +: 3