The Skinny Tuna Melt
Classic comfort diner food, just got a make-over – the skinny tuna melt.
- 1 4.5 oz can tuna (in water), drained
- 1/4 cup carrots (minced)
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 1 tbsp red onion (minced)
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise (Hellman's Light)
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 slices 2% reduced fat cheddar or American cheese
- 2 slices tomato
- oil spray (I used my Misto)
Combine tuna, celery, carrots, onion, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper.
Heat a large skillet over low heat.
Spray skillet with oil, and place two slices of bread on top.
Top bread with cheese, then tuna salad and tomato. Cook on low heat until cheese melts and bread gets toasty.
Serving: 1open face sandwich, Calories: 231kcal, Carbohydrates: 14.5g, Protein: 28.5g, Fat: 6.5g, Fiber: 3.5g
Blue Smart Points: 4
Green Smart Points: 5
Purple Smart Points: 4
Points +: 6