Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice made healthier using leftover cooked brown rice, a delicious whole grain that's high in fiber, so it fills you up.
- 3 cups leftover brown rice cooked
- 1 lb large shrimp (peeled and deveined )
- 1/2 tsp each of chili powder and paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- 2 large egg whites (beaten)
- 1 large whole egg (beaten)
- 1/2 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (diced)
- 5 medium scallions (chopped, whites and greens separated)
- oil spray
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- 4 tsp soy sauce (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp Asian fish sauce ((or more soy sauce))
In a bowl, season shrimp with cayenne pepper, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
In a hot wok, over medium high heat, spray a little oil and cook the eggs, when cooked, remove from pan and set aside, 1 to 2 minutes.
Increase the heat to high, when hot add the sesame oil and saute onions, scallion whites, garlic and hot pepper flakes for about 1-2 minutes.
Add shrimp and saute until no longer translucent, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add rice and leave in the skillet to let the bottom brown, 2 to 3 minutes, stir and add the egg, soy sauce and fish sauce, mixing well for about 2 minutes.
Add greens of the scallions and serve.
Serving: 11/2 cups , Calories: 307kcal, Carbohydrates: 37.5g, Protein: 23g, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g, Cholesterol: 191mg, Sodium: 500mg, Fiber: 3.5g, Sugar: 0.5g
Blue Smart Points: 6
Green Smart Points: 7
Purple Smart Points: 1
Points +: 8