Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 6 hrs
Total Time: 6 hrs
This crock pot chicken taco chili is one of my most popular recipes! The perfect slow cooker dish because you just dump all the ingredients in, turn it on and come back to the best tasting meal! No prep, super easy, freezes well and the kids love it!
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 15.5 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 15.5 oz can kidney beans, drained
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 10 oz package frozen corn kernels
- 2 10 oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
- 4 oz can chopped green chili peppers (chopped)
- 1 packet reduced sodium taco seasoning or homemade (see below)
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 24 oz 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
To make your own taco seasoning, omit the packet, cumin and chili powder above and use below instead:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, diced tomato, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker and mix well.
Nestle the chicken in to completely cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours.
Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred.
Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in.
Top with fresh cilantro and your favorite toppings!
Serving: 1scant cup, Calories: 220kcal, Carbohydrates: 28g, Protein: 21g, Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 44mg, Sodium: 729mg, Fiber: 8.5g, Sugar: 6g
Freestyle Points: 0
Points +: 5