Spicy Tuna Poke Bowls
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
Spicy Tuna Poke Bowls made with chunks of fresh tuna, avocado, cucumbers, spicy mayo, scallions cut on the bias served on a bed of steamed rice – YES please!!
For the tuna
- 1/2 pound sushi grade tuna (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce or gluten-free tamari
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
For the spicy mayo
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
For The Bowl
- 1 cup cooked short grain brown rice or sushi white rice
- 1 cup cucumbers ((from 2 Persian) peeled and diced 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/2 medium Hass avocado ((3 ounces) sliced)
- 2 scallions (sliced for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- Reduced sodium soy or gluten-free tamari (for serving (optional))
- sriracha (for serving (optional))
In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise and sriracha, thin with a little water to drizzle.
In a medium bowl, combine tuna with scallions, soy sauce, sesame oil and sriracha. Gently toss to combine and set aside while you prepare the bowls.
In 2 bowls, layer 1/2 the rice, 1/2 the tuna, avocado, cucumber and scallions.
Drizzle with spicy mayo and sesame seeds and serve with extra soy sauce on the side, if desired.
Serving: 1bowl, Calories: 397kcal, Carbohydrates: 33.5g, Protein: 32.5g, Fat: 14.5g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 48mg, Sodium: 864.5mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 3g
Blue Smart Points: 6
Green Smart Points: 9
Purple Smart Points: 5
Points +: 10