Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp Dinner
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
This fast and easy Cajun Shrimp recipe is a meal-in-one, made with shrimp, sausage, and lots of colorful vegetables such as zucchini, yellow squash and bell peppers.
- 1 tablespoon Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 24 (1 pound) cleaned and peeled extra jumbo shrimp
- 6 ounces fully cooked Turkey/Chicken Andouille sausage or kielbasa* (sliced)
- 1 medium zucchini (8 ounces, sliced into 1/4-inch thick half moons)
- 1 medium yellow squash (8 ounces, sliced into 1/4-inch thick half moons)
- 1 large red bell pepper (seeded and cut into thin 1-inch pieces)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
In a large bowl, combine the Cajun seasoning and shrimp, toss to coat.
Add the sausage, zucchini, squash, bell peppers, and salt and toss with the oil.
Preheat the air fryer 400F.
In 2 batches (for smaller baskets), transfer the shrimp and vegetables to the air fryer basket and cook 8 minutes, shaking the basket 2 to 3 times.
Set aside, repeat with remaining shrimp and veggies.
Once both batches are cooked, return the first batch to the air fryer and cook 1 minute.
Tip: Buy shrimp still frozen and defrost as needed. Most shrimp arrives at stores frozen so you may as well buy it frozen and defrost it as needed so it as fresh as possible. To defrost shrimp, thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
*check labels for whole30 and gluten-free.
Serving: 11/2 cups, Calories: 284kcal, Carbohydrates: 8g, Protein: 31g, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 205mg, Sodium: 1500mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 3g
Blue Smart Points: 5
Green Smart Points: 5
Purple Smart Points: 5
Points +: 7