This fast and easy Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp recipe is a meal-in-one, made with shrimp, sausage, and lots of colorful vegetables such as zucchini, yellow squash and bell peppers.
Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp and Vegetables
This is the best Cajun shrimp recipe! It’s colorful and packed with flavor. The best part is it takes less than thirty minutes to make! I was inspired to create this recipe by these Cajun Shrimp Foil Packets, which are so popular on my blog. You can see more air fryer recipes by clicking on the AF icon.
I like to add lots of color to my food, after all we eat with our eyes! So I went with zucchini, yellow squash, and red bell peppers here, but any stir fry vegetables can be used here. Try this with eggplant, broccoli florets, etc.
When purchasing an air fryer, looks for an air fryer that is easy to clean with a large basket like the Skinnytaste Vremi Air Fryer that you can order on Amazon. And if you haven’t ordered the Skinnytaste Air Fryer Cookbook, it’s filled with 75 healthy recipes for any air fryer including onion rings, egg rolls, churros, and much more!
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can cook this in a large skillet. To do so, I would cook it in two batches on high heat for 5 to 8 minutes per batch.
More Air Fryer Recipes You May Like:
- Air Fried Parmesan Salmon
- Avocado Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fried Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp Dinner
- 1 tablespoon Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 24 (1 pound) cleaned and peeled extra jumbo shrimp
- 6 ounces fully cooked Turkey/Chicken Andouille sausage or kielbasa*, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, 8 ounces, sliced into 1/4-inch thick half moons
- 1 medium yellow squash, 8 ounces, sliced into 1/4-inch thick half moons
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the Cajun seasoning and shrimp, toss to coat.
- Add the sausage, zucchini, squash, bell peppers, and salt and toss with the oil.
- Preheat the air fryer 400F.
- In 2 batches (for smaller baskets), transfer the shrimp and vegetables to the air fryer basket and cook 8 minutes, shaking the basket 2 to 3 times.
- Set aside, repeat with remaining shrimp and veggies.
- Once both batches are cooked, return the first batch to the air fryer and cook 1 minute.