Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp Dinner
This fast and easy Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp recipe is a meal-in-one, made with shrimp, sausage, and lots of colorful vegetables such as zucchini, yellow squash and bell peppers.
Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp and Vegetables
This is the best Cajun shrimp recipe! It’s colorful and packed with flavor. The best part is it takes less than thirty minutes to make! This recipe was inspired by these Cajun Shrimp Foil Packets, which are so popular on my blog. You can see more air fryer recipes by clicking on the AF icon.
For the veggies, I wanted lots of color so I went with zucchini, yellow squash, and red bell peppers but any stir fry vegetables can be used here.
When purchasing an air fryer, looks for an air fryer that is easy to clean with a large basket like the Skinnytaste Vremi Air Fryer that you can pre-order on Amazon. And if you haven’t ordered the Skinnytaste Air Fryer Cookbook, it’s filled with 75 healthy recipes for any air fryer including onion rings, egg rolls, churros, and much more!
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can cook this in a large skillet. To do so, I would cook it in two batches on high heat for 5 to 8 minutes per batch.
Reasons I love air frying:
- Food comes out so much crispier than it does in my oven.
- It takes only three minutes to preheat, it doesn’t heat up the kitchen.
- It’s safer and healthier than deep frying and it doesn’t smoke up the whole house.
- The air fryer has now replaced my oven on most weekdays and nights, whether making hard boiled eggs, whipping up a side dish, heating up leftovers, or making dinner.
In fact, I love it so much I decided to partner with Vremi to brand my own air fryer with improvements from the one I previously owned with a larger basket, built-in presets to make life a bit easier, easy-to-clean PFOA-free nonstick coating, and of course, making it dishwasher safe which is how Skinnytaste by Vremi Air Fryer and the Skinnytaste Air Fryer Cookbook came about.
About the Skinnytaste by Vremi Air Fryer:
DO MORE THAN FRY – You can easily fry, bake and roast using only one appliance. Our 1700W power oil-less air fryer uses hot air combined with 360° high rapid air circulation with a temperature range from 100 – 400°F to cook healthier dishes faster than with a standard oven.
DISHWASHER SAFE, NON-STICK and PFOA-FREE – The outer pot, basket and the inside of the air fryer have a black, non-stick coating for super easy cleaning. Both the outer pot and basket are dishwasher safe.
EXTRA LARGE CAPACITY – With a 5.8 QT (5.5 L) large, removable, non-stick basket, it’s large enough to cook meals for the whole family or when hosting friends. It measures 13.8 x 13.8 x 13.4 in thoughtfully designed to fit on your kitchen countertop.
DIGITAL TOUCH-SCREEN WITH 8 COOKING PRESETS – With the touch of a button, quickly select one of 8 cooking presets to easily cook french fries, pork chops, shrimp, bacon, and more. Or, set your own time and temperature when you want greater control. A built-in pre-heat function ensures the unit heats to the desired temperature before you begin to cook.
More Air Fryer Recipes You May Like:
- Air Fryer Parmesan Salmon
- Air Fryer Avocado Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp Dinner
- 1 tablespoon Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 24 (1 pound) cleaned and peeled extra jumbo shrimp
- 6 ounces fully cooked Turkey/Chicken Andouille sausage or kielbasa*, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, 8 ounces, sliced into 1/4-inch thick half moons
- 1 medium yellow squash, 8 ounces, sliced into 1/4-inch thick half moons
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the Cajun seasoning and shrimp, toss to coat.
- Add the sausage, zucchini, squash, bell peppers, and salt and toss with the oil.
- Preheat the air fryer 400F.
- In 2 batches (for smaller baskets), transfer the shrimp and vegetables to the air fryer basket and cook 8 minutes, shaking the basket 2 to 3 times.
- Set aside, repeat with remaining shrimp and veggies.
- Once both batches are cooked, return the first batch to the air fryer and cook 1 minute.