These crispy french fries are easy to make and seriously good! A healthy air fryer recipe that makes addictive fries in minutes!
Air Fryer French Fries Recipe
Crispy french fries made in the air fryer, with just a small amount of oil! Making them in the air fryer cuts calories and fat, without sacrificing taste. The potatoes come out golden and delicious, better than if you baked them in the oven and in a fraction of the time since there’s no need to preheat. A few more dishes you’ll love in the air fryer: Air Fryer Chicken Thighs, Air Fryer Empanadas, Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan and Air Fryer Crispy Breaded Pork Chops.
I’ve done a lot of air frying, in fact I was doing it before it was cool. Now it’s become so mainstream it’s like owning a toaster oven, only better! I keep it on my counter and making EVERYTHING in it! Of course, this is the ONLY way we make French fries now! The key is to turn them half way and don’t overcrowd the basket.
How To Make Air Fryer French Fries
What is an air fryer?
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that cooks by circulating hot air around food at high speed, which produces crispy food in a fraction of the time it would take in a conventional oven.
Is an Air Fryer better than the oven?
- In my opinion there are pros and cons to having an air fryer. More pros than cons!
- The pros: Air fryers are compact enough to fit on your kitchen counter and their small size means the heat inside is more concentrated.
- They cook food faster than cooking in an oven and the food comes out crisp.
- It doesn’t heat your whole kitchen!
- It only takes 3 minutes to preheat.
- The cons: the basket is smaller than a large oven, so if you’re cooking for a large, you have to cook in batches.
Is using an air fryer healthy?
- Yes, it’s healthier that deep frying because you use less oil.
- An air fryer is an excellent way to reduce a massive amount of fat and calories without sacrificing taste.
- Since air fryers use air to cook food, it doesn’t require the extra calories that submerging food in oil would add.
More air fryer recipes recipes here!
Air Fryer French Fries
- Cut the potato lengthwise into 1/4 inch thin slices; then cut each slice into 1/4 inch fries. (A mandolin is helpful here).
- In a medium bowl toss the potatoes and oil. Season with salt, garlic powder and black pepper to taste; toss to coat.
- Place the potatoes in the air fryer basket in an even layer without overlapping or crowding, cook the potatoes 380°F 12 to 15 minutes, turning halfway until crisp.
- Note: If you have a Cuisinart Toaster Style Fryer, cook 350F 12 minutes.