These crispy, air fryer pork chops are moist, tender and juicy on the inside with a golden-crispy breaded crust on the outside!
Crispy Air Fryer Pork Chops
This is the best air fryer pork chop recipe!! I took my favorite baked breaded pork chop recipe and converted it for the air fryer. This was one of the first air fryer recipes I ever shared here on Skinnytaste, even before I wrote two air fryer cookbooks! They’re even more delicious than my baked version because the air fryer gets the breading even crispier without frying. Some more of my favorite air fryer recipes are Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan, Air Fryer Steak and Air Fryer Chicken Breast.
For the best pork chops, I love breading them with a combination of panko, breadcrumbs and cornflake crumbs with lots of seasoning. Here’s how to make them:
- Pork Chops: I use center-cut boneless pork chops, about 3/4-inch thick
- Breading: 1 large egg, panko breadcrumbs, crushed cornflakes crumbs and grated Parmesan cheese
- Seasoning: sweet paprika, kosher salt, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, black pepper
How to cook pork chops in the air fryer
This easy air fryer boneless pork chop recipe in the air fryer cooks much quicker than they do in the oven.
- Season the pork chops with salt.
- Dip them in egg wash letting the excess drip off.
- Then into the breadcrumbs, coating the top, bottom and sides of the pork chops.
- Spritz both side with oil
- Air fry 400F in a single layer, in batches as needed for 12 minutes, flipping halfway until it has an internal temperature of 145F degrees if when using an instant read meat thermometer.
How do you get breading to stick to pork chops?
I use egg to get the breading to stick to the pork chops, but if you’re allergic to egg or want to use something else, olive oil, mayo, or Dijon mustard would work. Once you put them in the egg, then place them on the breadcrumbs and use your hands to press the crumbs in well, shaking off any excess. Set aside and repeat.
Air Fryer Pork Chop Notes
- When air frying, always flip your food half way through cooking.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket, you need the air flow to get them crispy. Cook in batches if needed.
- If you’re allergic to egg or want to use something else, olive oil, or Dijon mustard would work.
- Cornflake Crumbs are sold near breadcrumbs. If you don’t have, you can buy corn flakes, and crush them yourself.
- If the pork chops are frozen, thaw overnight in the refrigerator before air fryer.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated up to 4 days.
- Without Cornflake Crumbs: If you don’t have or don’t want to buy corn flakes, you can omit them and double the panko. Or you could buy one of the small single-serve boxes of corn flakes.
- Gluten-free: To make these breaded pork chops gluten-free, use gluten-free corn flakes like Nature’s Path.
- Bone-in Pork Chops: You can use bone-in pork chops or thinner boneless ones if you prefer. The cooking time will vary, so check them every few minutes to make sure you don’t overcook them.
- Switch up the flavors by using different seasonings and dried herbs.
Side Dish Ideas to Serve With Pork Chops
- A big green salad or kale salad
- Peas and carrots
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash
- Baked Potato
- Broccoli and Orzo
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts
- Smashed Potatoes
- Baked Sweet Potato
Frequently Asked Questions
How long to cook air fryer pork chops?
Air fry pork chops at 400F in a single layer in batches as needed for 12 minutes, flipping half way.
Can you make this with bone-in pork chops or thinner pork chops?
You can use bone-in pork chops or thinner boneless ones if you prefer. The cooking time will vary, so check them every few minutes to make sure you don’t overcook them.
More Pork Recipes You’ll Love:
- Bacon-Wrapped Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- Stuffed Baked Pork Chops with Prosciutto and Mozzarella
- Pork Chops with Mushrooms and Shallots
- Garlic-Lime Marinated Pork Chops
- Pork Chops with Dijon Herb Sauce
Crispy Air Fryer Pork Chops
- olive oil spray
- 6 center cut boneless pork chops, 3/4-inch thick, 5 oz each trimmed
- kosher salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs, check labels for GF
- 1/3 cup crushed cornflakes crumbs
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese, omit for dairy free
- 1 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Lightly spray the basket with oil.
- Season pork chops on both sides with 1/2 tsp kosher salt.
- Combine panko, cornflake crumbs, parmesan cheese, 3/4 tsp kosher salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder and black pepper in a large shallow bowl.
- Place the beaten egg in another. Dip the pork into the egg, then crumb mixture.
- Transfer to the air fryer basket, spritz the top with more oil and air fry 400F in a single layer in batches as needed.
- Air fry 12 minutes turning half way, spritzing both sides with oil.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Cornflake Crumbs are sold near breadcrumbs. If you don’t have, you can buy corn flakes, and crush them yourself. To make these breaded pork chops gluten-free, use gluten-free corn flakes like Nature’s Path. You can use bone-in pork chops or thinner boneless ones if you prefer. The cooking time will vary, so check them every few minutes to make sure you don’t overcook them.