Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta is the best Brussels sprout recipe! Sauteed until slightly browned on the edges, it’s my favorite way to cook and eat them!
Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta
Sauteed brussels sprouts are delicious when shredded and sautéed with pancetta (or bacon), garlic and oil. If you don’t think you like Brussels sprouts, I challenge you to try these! I love when people tell me they don’t like Brussels sprouts, then quickly change their mind after tasting them prepared this way. I too once thought I didn’t like Brussels sprouts until my girlfriend Nicole turned me on to shredding them before sauteing in garlic and oil. Now I love them! You can easily prep everything to make this a day or two before if you are making this for Thanksgiving. You should also try Brussels Sprouts Gratin, or Maple Soy Glazed Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash with Bacon.
How to shred Brussels Sprouts:
There are several ways to do this. The easiest is buying them pre-shredded but I don’t recommend this as they are not as fresh once they are cut. Instead this is how I do it:
- I prefer to use a sharp knife and find this rather relaxing but it is a little time consuming. To do so, trim of the stems, discard any outer leaves that fall off and cut them in half lengthwise. Once they are halved, put the cut side down on the cutting board and slice them thin.
- A quicker way to do this is with a food processor fitted with the slicing attachment. Turn the food processor on, then drop the Brussels sprouts in working in batches.
- Swap the pancetta for bacon, or even turkey bacon.
- Leave the meat out altogether and add shallots.
- For a vegetarian version similar to this, try Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Shallots.
How To Make Shredded Brussels Sprouts
More Brussels sprout recipes you will love:
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash
- Spicy Pork Brussels Bowls
- Cacio e Pepe Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Shallots with Balsamic Glaze
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Cauliflower Soup
Your comments are helpful!! If you’ve tried this healthy Shredded Brussels Sprouts recipe or any other recipe on Skinnytaste, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear your thoughts, variations and feedback. And if you took some photos or video of it, share it with me on Instagram or Tiktok so I can re-share!
Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta
- 2 oz pancetta minced
- 2 lb brussels sprouts weight after outer leaves and stems removed
- 1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced or sliced thin
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- With a large sharp knife, finely shred the brussels sprouts after thoroughly washing.
- In a deep heavy saute pan, sauté pancetta on medium-low heat until fat melts and pancetta becomes golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add olive oil and garlic and sauté until golden. Add shredded brussels sprouts, salt and pepper to taste and sauté on high heat for about 6 to 10 minutes, until tender crisp. Makes about 7 cups.