These crispy Air Fryer Chicken Thighs have become a weeknight staple in my house. An easy recipe that you can whip up super fast!
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
These easy Air Fryer Chicken Thighs take only minutes to prep and are very versatile. You can switch up the spices to change the flavors. This recipe can serve 3 to 6 people, depending on how many thighs you want per serving. To make it a meal I usually serve it with a big salad on the side. More air fryer recipes you may love are these Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets, Air Fryer Chicken Milanese, and Air Fryer Chicken Breast.
Chicken Thigh Ingredients
- Chicken Thighs: I used bone-in chicken thighs with the skin on. If you use boneless thighs, you’ll need to reduce the cooking time. Once they reach 165°F with a meat thermometer, they’re done.
- Lemon: Squeeze the juice from half a lemon.
- Spices: Salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, sweet paprika, and dried herbs, like herbs de Provence
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Season Chicken: Squeeze lemon juice over the thighs. Next, sprinkle them with all the spices and rub them in.
- Air fry the chicken thighs at 400°F for 24 minutes, flipping them over halfway. If all six won’t fit in the machine at the same time, cook the chicken in batches.
Are chicken thighs still healthy?
Although chicken thighs have more fat and calories than chicken breasts, they are still a healthy option packed with protein and other nutrients. Plus, they just taste better! I think they’re much more exciting and flavorful than chicken breasts. I personally love the skin, but if you’re looking to cut calories, you can eat them without it. It also helps to cook them in a healthy way, and the air fryer is perfect for that since it uses little to no oil.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
I serve these juicy chicken thighs with a big green salad and a veggie on the side, like roasted butternut squash, shredded brussels sprouts, or roasted green beans. They’d also be good with a quinoa salad, tomato soup, or pasta.
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Popcorn Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Sandwich with Sriracha Mayo
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Bacon-Wrapped Air Fryer Chicken Breast
Your comments are helpful! If you’ve tried this healthy Air Fryer Chicken Thighs recipe or any other on Skinnytaste, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. And if you took a photo of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can reshare it on my Stories!
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer (I own and love this one from GoWise!)
- Season the chicken with the juice of 1/2 of the lemon, then season with remaining spices on both sides.
- Rub the seasoning well all over the chicken then transfer to the air fryer, skin side down.
- Air fry 400F 12 minutes on each side, until golden and crispy and cooked through in the center.