Want the juiciest chicken breasts? Make this easy Bacon-Wrapped Air Fryer Chicken Breast recipe! Just 2 ingredients not counting salt and pepper!
Bacon-Wrapped Air Fryer Chicken Breast
Chicken breasts can be a bit dry and unexciting. But if you want to kick them up a notch – just wrap them in bacon and air fryer them! Wrapping bacon around this lean cut of chicken results in extra flavor and juiciness. It couldn’t be any easier and is perfect served over salad. If you don’t like bacon, try this juicy, air fryer chicken breast recipe. If you want to try more bacon-wrapped recipes, check out my Air-Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Bites and Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin. And if you just got an air fryer, see all my air fryer recipes here.
Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Breast is so easy to make. Just season the chicken with salt and pepper and wrap two slices of bacon around each piece. They cook in the air fryer for less than 15 minutes.
How long do you cook bacon-wrapped chicken breasts in the air fryer?
Cook the bacon-wrapped chicken in the air fryer at 380 degrees for about six minutes on each side. Once the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees, increase the temperature to 400 and cook for one minute to brown the bacon.
Does chicken breast need to rest after cooking?
Let the chicken rest for about five minutes before slicing. Resting the chicken keeps the juices from running out, keeping all the flavor inside.
What to Serve with Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Breasts
I love making a salad with this bacon-wrapped chicken. You could use mixed greens, spinach, or romaine, add your favorite toppings, like avocado, tomatoes, shallots, and cucumbers, and coat with a simple vinaigrette.
You could also serve it as a main with pretty much any side. Here are some ideas: Avocado Quinoa Salad, Roasted Green Beans with Caramelized Onions, Grilled Zucchini, or Lemon-Parsley Potatoes.
No Air Fryer? No Problem
To make this in the oven, preheat the oven to 400F.
Heat a large oven safe or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Sear bacon wrapped chicken breasts on both sides for about 2 minutes per side, or until the bacon is crisp, drain excess fat.
Transfer the chicken to the oven and bake about 12 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken has reached 160F. Remove from the oven and transfer to a cutting board, let rest covered with foil for 5 minutes before slicing.
More Chicken Breast Recipes You’ll Love:
- Baked Pesto Chicken Breast
- Chicken Piccata
- Baked Chicken Breasts
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast with Tomato and Feta
- Baked Chicken Parmesan
Bacon-Wrapped Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, 8 ounces each
- 8 slices center cut bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and black pepper.
- Starting from one end, tightly wrap two strips of bacon over each chicken breast.
- Transfer the chicken to the air fryer and air fry 380F about 6 minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature of the chicken has reached 160F then increase to 400F for 1 minute to brown the bacon.
- Remove from the air fryer and transfer to a cutting board, let rest covered with foil for 5 minutes before slicing.