Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast with Tomato and Feta
These Baked Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Feta Cheese are high in protein and low in carbs – a filling meal in one!
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
These is, hands down the BEST stuffed chicken breast recipe! The filling is a Mediterranean-inspired spinach-tomato-feta mixture that’s beyond delicious. Not to mention, it’s high in protein and low carb – a filling meal in one or serve it with a side salad. For more stuffed chicken recipes, try Roasted Red Pepper and Prosciutto Stuffed Chicken and Sun Dried Tomato and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Rollatini.
Chicken breast is such a great lean source of protein, but can be a bit boring, so stuffing them with lots of fresh and flavorful ingredients is a great way to make it exciting! I’m typically a dark meat girl, so when I make chicken breasts I really make sure it’s anything but boring.
How To Make Stuff Chicken Breasts
- Slice a pocket along the side of the chicken breasts.
- Put ¾ cup of the veggie/cheese mixture into each piece.
- If needed, you can use a toothpick to keep the chicken together.
- Next, sear the chicken on both sides for a couple of minutes in a cast iron skillet to brown it.
- Then transfer to the oven to bake for 12 to 15 minutes at 425 degrees. Cook until a thermometer inserted into the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
Tips for Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts:
- Look for organic chicken, which typically has smaller breasts.
- Be careful not to cut your chicken breast all the way through.
- Chop your ingredients small so they can all fit inside the chicken.
- If you don’t have an oven-safe or cast iron skillet, sear the chicken in a skillet first, and then transfer to an oven-safe dish.
- Refrigerate leftovers for up to four days.
- To freeze the leftovers, transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to three months.
More Easy Stuffed Chicken Recipes You’ll Love:
- Prosciutto, Pear and Brie Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Cheesy Jalapeño Popper Baked Stuffed Chicken
- Chicken Rollatini with Spinach alla Parmigiana
- Buffalo Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Cordon Bleu
Spinach Tomato Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4 organic boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 6 oz each
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 2/3 cup sundried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 2/3 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons plain or gluten-free panko
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Use a sharp knife to slice a pocket into the sides of each chicken breast. Make sure you don't cut all the way through, just enough to create a place for the spinach mixture to go.
- Season both sides of each chicken breast with 3/4 teaspoon salt, paprika and garlic powder. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the sun dried tomatoes, spinach, feta cheese, shallots, garlic, basil, panko, oregano, parmesan cheese, salt and 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Divide spinach mixture between the chicken breasts and stuff into each, about 3/4 cup each. If needed, you can use toothpicks to close chicken breast.
- Heat a large, oven-safe or cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add the remaining oil and once hot, sear the chicken breasts on each side for about 2 to 3 minutes, until browned.
- Transfer skillet to oven and finish cooking 12 to 15 minutes, until chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and tent with foil for 5 minutes before eating.
- Remove toothpicks and eat right away.