Chicken Rollatini with Spinach alla Parmigiana is Italian comfort food at it’s finest! Breaded chicken breasts stuffed with spinach and cheese topped with sauce and mozzarella.
Chicken Rollatini with Spinach Parmesan
If your family loves Chicken Parmesan, they will love these stuffed chicken breasts! They are perfect for a large crowd if you’re entertaining, or to feed a hungry family for any weeknight. I have tons of stuffed chicken breast recipes like these Cheesy Jalapeño Stuffed Chicken Breasts, Spinach Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts and Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts, just to name a few!
Since making chicken rollatini stuffed with prosciutto and cheese a few weeks back my husband has been craving chicken rollatini the way he grew up eating it, stuffed with cheese and topped with sauce and more cheese. I added some spinach and it turned out delicious. It’s a cross between my Chicken Parmesan and Spinach Lasagna Rolls.
To serve this chicken rollatini, I like to make a big chopped green salad on the side.
To freeze the leftovers, transfer to freezer safe containers and freeze for up to 3 months.
How To Make Chicken Rollatini
More Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipes
- Sundried Tomato Stuffed Chicken
- Chicken Rollatini with Proscuitto and Cheese
- Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Zucchini and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken
Chicken Rollatini with Spinach alla Parmigiana
- 8 thin chicken cutlets, 3 oz each
- 1/2 cup whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 6 tablespoons egg whites or egg beaters
- 5 oz frozen spinach, squeezed dry of any liquid
- 6 tbsp part skim ricotta cheese
- 6 oz part skim mozzarella, I used Polly-O
- olive oil non-stick spray
- 1 cup pomodoro sauce or your favorite marinara sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and dry cutlets, season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs and 2 tbsp grated cheese in one bowl and 1/4 cup egg beaters or egg whites in another.
- Shred or finely chop 1.5 oz of mozzarella cheese and combine with remaining grated cheese, spinach (make sure you squeeze it dry), 2 tbsp egg beaters, and ricotta cheese.
- Lay chicken cutlets down on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of spinach-cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one and keep seam side down.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down in a baking dish (no toothpicks needed).
- Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray with olive oil. Bake 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with sauce then cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 3 more minutes.
- Serve with additional sauce on the side and grated cheese.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.