These individual gluten-free strawberry crisps are topped with a crisp nutty topping using a combination of almonds, walnuts and pecans.
I wanted to make a fruit crisp topped with nothing but nuts – no oats, no wheat flour, letting the flavors and texture of the nuts really stand out. The results were pure deliciousness! You may also like Cinnamon Apple Crisp, Blueberry Peach Crisp or Triple Berry Crisp.
I lightly sweetened the strawberries and nuts with honey, and (totally optional) added a heaping tablespoon of frozen yogurt on top for that hold/cold combination I just love!
Strawberry Crisp Variations and Tips:
- A dollop of whipped cream or coconut cream would also be delish on top!
- Making them in individual ramekins is my favorite way to keep portions in check. You could also make this in an 8 x 8 baking dish if you wish.
- For less servings, this recipe can easily be halved.
- Swap the strawberries for blueberries or make a combination of berries. You will need 5 cups of fruit total.
For the Filling:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray (8) eight 4-inch ramekins with oil.
- In a large bowl combine the strawberries, honey and orange juice in large bowl, sprinkle with cornstarch and toss until fruit is coated.
- Transfer to the ramekins.
- Combine the remaining nut topping ingredients in a medium bowl with a fork and sprinkle over the fruit.
- Bake 40 minutes or until the top is golden and the berries are soft and bubbly.
- Serve warm, with 1 tablespoon of ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.