When summer berries are at their peak, make this warm berry crisp, and enjoy it with a scoop of frozen yogurt or whipped cream.
Triple Berry Crisp
This Triple Berry Crisp with fresh strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries has a delicious cinnamon-oat topping and is excellent with any combination of berries. Leftovers make a great breakfast with some yogurt. For more healthy crisp recipes, try my gluten-free Strawberry Crisp and Apple Cranberry Crisp.
How to Make Berry Crisp
This summer dessert is pretty simple to make. In just a few steps, you’ll have a dessert that’s sure to impress and satisfy any sweet tooth.
- Mix all the berry filling ingredients together, and then sprinkle with cornstarch.
- Mix all the topping ingredients.
- Put the fruit mixture in a pie dish and then top with the oats.
- Bake for about 40 minutes at 375 degrees.
Can you reheat berry crisp?
Yes, you can. You can microwave the dessert in 30-second intervals or heat in the oven until warm.
- Feel free to do all of the same berry, skip one and add more of another, or make it a “quadruple berry crisp” by adding some blackberries. You will need a total of 4.5 cups of berries.
- If berries aren’t in season, you can use frozen.
- Swap out the berries for another fruit like apples or peaches.
- Add pecans or walnuts to the topping.
- If you don’t have quick oats, use old fashioned.
- To make this crisp gluten-free, use gluten-free oats.
- If you don’t have a pie dish, you can use a 9” X 9” dish or a 9” oval one.
- Make the crisp in ramekins for individual portions.
- You can easily halve this recipe if you want fewer servings.
More Fruit Desserts You’ll Love:
- Red, White + Blue Fruit Pizza
- Skillet Mixed Berry Buttermilk Cobbler
- Flaugnarde of Mixed Berries (Clafoutis)
- Raspberry Yogurt Ice Pops
- Red, White and Blueberry Trifle
Triple Berry Crisp
For the filling:
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar or agave, I use organic
For the topping:
- 1 cup Quaker quick oats, (check labels for gluten-free)
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar, not packed
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/2 tbsp melted butter
- Heat oven to 375F degrees.
- Combine strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, agave nectar or sugar, 1/4 tsp cinnamon and lemon zest in large bowl.
- Sprinkle with cornstarch. Toss until fruit is coated.
- Place fruit in an ungreased pie dish.
- Mix remaining topping ingredients in a medium bowl and sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender.