Lobster Roll Pasta Salad, inspired by one of my favorite summer sandwiches – a lobster roll – is loaded with lobster in every bite!
Lobster Roll Pasta Salad
This Lobster Roll Pasta Salad is great for special occasions, impressing company, and for when you want a light and refreshing weeknight meal in the warmer months. Cook up some pasta, toss it all together, and voila! Cold pasta salad, plus a glass of rosé, makes for the perfect light summer dinner, or sere this as side for your next party. More lobster recipes try this Lobster Cobb Salad and Chilled Lobster Salad with Corn and Tomatoes for more dinner ideas.
How to Make
Lobster: You can use fresh or frozen lobster, whatever is available to you. Here on Long Island, we have lots of lobster farms that often have specials. I used four whole live lobsters and had them steam them for me.
If you don’t have fresh lobster, you can pick up four larger frozen tails, which you can thaw and then steam until just cooked. Once the lobster is cooked, let it cool and make your salad.
Pasta: Of course, if you’re going to spend good money on lobster, you will want to use good-quality pasta too. I partnered with Delallo, my go-to pasta and the only brand I use. It’s imported from Italy and made from just two ingredients – wheat milled down to flour and water. I used DeLallo’s cavatappi, “a twisted ‘corkscrew’ with hole,” in this lobster pasta salad.
How I Make it Lighter: This pasta salad is heavy on the lobster and lighter on the pasta. I loaded it up with lobster, so it’s full of protein in every bite. I also use less mayo by adding some 0% fat Greek yogurt to keep it creamy without the added fat.
- If lobster is not available near you, you can use cooked crab meat, crawfish, or shrimp instead.
- Sub cavatappi with fusilli, macaroni, or bow ties.
- Swap red onion for more chives.
More Lobster Recipes You’ll Love:
- Air Fryer Lobster Jalapeno Empanadas
- Grilled Lobster Tails with Herb Garlic Butter
- Union Cantina Lobster Tacos
- Lobster Asparagus Chopped Salad
- Chipotle Lobster and Avocado Wrap
Lobster Roll Pasta Salad
- 16 oz cooked lobster meat, from (4) 1-1/4 lb whole lobsters or (4) 4 oz tails
- 1/2 cup chopped celery and leaves
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup 0% Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh chives
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for pasta
- 8 ounces DeLallo Cavatappi pasta
- Prep all the ingredients, if your lobster is raw, steam it until just cooked.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to directions, I prefer to cook it 1 to 2 minutes longer than al dente when cooking for a cold pasta salad.
- Drain and run under cold water.
- Remove cooked lobster from shell and chop into large chunks, about 1 inch. Toss with the remaining ingredients and serve chilled. Makes 10 cups
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 141 calories
Total Fat: 2.5g
Saturated Fat: 0.5g
Sodium: 383 mg
Sugar: 1.0gProtein: 11.5g
Recipe created in partnership with Delallo Foods, a brand I love and use in my kitchen.