Lobster Cobb Salad – a classic Cobb salad with a light summer twist made with corn, avocado, tomatoes and bacon.
Lobster Cobb Salad
If you live on the coast like me and have access to fresh lobster, this salad is a must! If you’re worried about cooking a live lobster, many seafood stores will steam it for you or buy frozen. Crab or shrimp would also make an excellent substitution in this Cobb Salad. More lobster recipes you must have all summer, a cold Lobster Roll and Lobster Roll Pasta Salad.
I recently had dinner with my girlfriends at a local waterfront seasonal restaurant that serves up lots of seafood, real palm trees (mind you I live in NY) and even sand to make you feel like you’re away somewhere on a tropical island. We shared a few dishes including a lobster cobb salad which was good but a bit heavy on the dressing, and also included blue cheese. I thought the idea was great so I recreated it, using fresh corn in place of the blue cheese and paired it with a delicious Dijon vinaigrette. The results, outstanding! This is a salad I will be making again this summer for entertaining, it’s huge (1 whole lobster per person), delicious and very filling. You can easily double it and assemble in a large bowl rather than individual plates.
More Lobster Recipes:
- Lobster Rolls
- Grilled Lobster Tails
- Chipotle Lobster Avocado Wrap
- Lobster Salad with Corn and Tomatoes
- Lobster Tacos
Lobster Cobb Salad
- 10 oz cooked, chilled lobster meat (yield from 2 – 1-1/2 lb lobsters)
- 2 cups baby greens
- 2 ounces avocado, diced
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 4 slices center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup *cooked corn kernels, from 1 fresh cobb
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- Combine the first 4 ingredients for the vinaigrette in a small bowl and whisk well, add onions and set aside.
- Cut the lobster into large chunks. Place 1 cup greens in each bowl and top with lobster, avocado, eggs, bacon, tomatoes and corn. Drizzle 2 1/2 tbsp vinaigrette over each salad and enjoy.