These lobster tacos are made with steamed chunks of lobster meat lightly seasoned with Old Bay, avocado and pico de gallo, topped with a spicy poblano crema.
If you want to step up your fish taco game, you need these in your life! They’re delicious and easy to make, perfect to enjoy all summer long. If lobster’s not your thing, try these Shrimp Tacos, Shrimp Tostadas or these Blackened Fish Tacos.
Last weekend, I co-hosted a retreat in the Hampton’s with Lexi and Liz for a group of 15 people, including myself. One of the restaurants we lunched at was Union Cantina in South Hampton, where we enjoyed lots of salsa, guacamole, ceviche, tacos, sangria and more! So much great food, with a great staff and fun atmosphere.
Everything on the menu was wonderful, but these lobster tacos took the prize! So fresh, and light, with just a hint of spice in the cream, I loved them and had to get the recipe. The chef at Union Cantina was kind enough to share, which I modified slightly for the home cook.
I have access to fresh lobster here on Long Island, but if that’s not an option by you, you can use lump crab meat instead. Hope you enjoy!!
More Lobster Recipes:
- Lobster Rolls
- Grilled Lobster Tails
- Chipotle Lobster Avocado Wrap
- Lobster Salad with Corn and Tomatoes
- Lobster Cobb
Union Cantina Lobster Tacos
- 20 oz steamed and chilled lobster meat, from (2 2 1/2 lb Maine lobster)
- 8 corn tortillas
- 8 tablespoons pico de gallo, homemade or store bought
- 4 oz diced avocado, 1 small
- 8 teaspoons lime roasted poblano cream, recipe below
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- cilantro or cilantro micro greens for garnish
- lime wedges, for serving
For the lime roasted poblano cream (makes about 1 1/4 cups):
- 1/4 poblano pepper, with seeds, lightly sprayed with oil roasted in 350F oven 12 minutes
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- For the Lime roasted poblano cream, place all in food processor until blended well.
- Season chilled lobster meat with old bay and fresh ground black pepper, to taste.
- Heat the tortillas directly over the flame.
- To assemble, top each tortilla with 1/2 oz avocado, 1 tablespoon pico de gallo, 2 1/2 oz lobster meat, 1 tsp of poblano cream and garnish with cilantro or micro greens.