Grilled Shrimp Tostadas
Grilled Shrimp Tostadas are SO good, layered with homemade guacamole, refried beans and lettuce on top of a crispy tostada.
We love these for Mexican night! They are super easy and quick – you’re going to love these!! Make them outside on the grill, or if you prefer to keep it indoors, just use a grill pan, you can make them all year round.
Each tostada is under 300 calories, they are super filling, one is all you need! If you have a crowd, you can easily double or triple the recipe.
What makes this shrimp tostada recipe extra delicious is the shrimp! Seasoning the shrimp with salsa verde and crushed garlic is my secret to fabulous tasting shrimp. I discovered this from my friend Doreen, who also added sofrito to her shrimp and I just couldn’t stop eating it. I didn’t have sofrito, but it was just as good without.
- If you want to turn them into tacos, you can serve them on corn tortillas instead.
- Swap the shrimp for grilled chicken or lobster.
- I used canned refried beans, you can make your own with this easy Instant Pot Refried Bean Recipe.
More Tostada Recipes
Grilled Shrimp Tostadas
For the guacamole:
- 1 medium hass avocados, halved
- 1/2 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp red onion, minced
- 1 small clove garlic, mashed
- 1/2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- kosher salt and fresh pepper, to taste
For the tostada:
- 16 jumbo shrimp, 3/4 lb, shelled and deveined
- 1 garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp prepared salsa verde, or homemade salsa verde
- 4 tostada shells
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup canned fat free refried beans, love Trader Joe's
- extra salsa verde, for topping
- 2 tbsp crumbled queso blacno, optional
- If cooking outside on the grill, soak skewers at least 30 minutes.
- Place the pulp from the avocados in a medium bowl and slightly mash with a fork or a potato masher leaving some large chunks. Add tomato, lime juice, salt, pepper, cilantro, red onion, garlic and mix thoroughly.
- Season shrimp with salt, then mix in crushed garlic and 2 tbsp salsa verde. Thread the shrimp onto 4 skewers.
- Light the grill or indoor grill pan on medium flame, when hot spray the grates with oil and grill the shrimp about 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Place a tostada on each plate, top each with 1/4 cup refried beans spread evenly, 1/4 cup lettuce and guacamole.
- Top each with a shrimp skewer on top and serve with extra salsa verde and cheese if using.