These crispy Air Fryer Chicken Tenders are golden and juicy, so easy to make and perfect for weeknight cooking!
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
I made these tasty chicken strips the other night for dinner along with some orzo with zucchini and tomatoes, and my family loved them! They are super easy and quick for weeknight meals. Air fryer recipes are one of my top requests, some favorites are Skinless Air Fryer Chicken Breast, Air Fryer Chicken Thighs and these Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets. And if you like sandwiches, this Air Fryer Chicken Sandwich is a must!
I like making homemade chicken strips because they are so much healthier than fried versions. The great thing about the air fryer is that the tenders get super crispy with way less oil. This air fryer recipe for chicken tenders only requires a little olive oil spray on each one.
How do you make chicken tenders from scratch?
It’s very easy to make chicken tenders from scratch. Chicken tenders are already cut into strips, so you don’t have to spend any time slicing a raw chicken breast. So, the first step is to season the chicken with salt and pepper. Then, prep your breading stations. Put two eggs in a shallow bowl and the panko and breadcrumbs in another bowl.
Next, it’s time to bread the chicken tenders. Dip each one in the egg and then in the breadcrumb mixture. Place on a cutting board or baking tray until you’re done breading all of them. Then, spray the chicken strips on each side with olive oil spray before placing them in the air fryer.
How long do you cook chicken tenders in the air fryer?
Place chicken tenders in a single layer of the basked and air fry for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, turning halfway. They’re done once the chicken is cooked through and crispy and golden on the outside.
I love cooking chicken strips in the air fryer because they come out very crispy. If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake them in the oven at 425 degrees for 16 minutes, turning halfway.
What to Serve with Chicken Tenders
I served these air fryer chicken tenderloins with zucchini tomato orzo and lemon wedges for squeezing. They would also be good with this Broccoli and Orzo or Mediterranean Quinoa Salad. Or, if you want to go the more traditional route, you could serve them with regular French fries or sweet potato fries cooked in the air fryer. You could also try this recipe for seasoned fries baked in the oven.
More Chicken Tender Recipes You’ll Love:
- Skinny Buffalo Chicken Strips
- Sesame Encrusted Chicken Tenders
- Tortilla Encrusted Chicken Tenders
- Pickle-Brined Baked Chicken Tenders
- Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer (I own and love this one from GoWise!)
- 12 chicken tenders , (1 1/4 lbs)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs*
- 1/2 cup seasoned panko*
- olive oil spray
- lemon wedges, for serving
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place egg in a shallow bowl. In a second shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs and panko.
- Dip chicken in the egg, then into the breadcrumb mixture and shake off excess and place on a large dish or cutting board. Spray both sides of the chicken generously with oil.
- Preheat air fryer to 400F.
- In batches, cook the chicken 5 to 6 minutes on each side, until the chicken is cooked through and crispy and golden on the outside. Serve with lemon wedges.