If you like the taste of sesame seeds as much as I do, you’ll love these Sesame Encrusted Chicken Tenders coated with sesame seeds, panko and a hint of soy sauce. Bake them or make them in the air fryer!
Sesame Encrusted Chicken Tenders
Chicken tenderloins are so convenient for weeknight cooking! I love this sesame encrusted chicken which gives it an Asian flair! For more family-friendly chicken recipes, try these pickle brined chicken tenders, these tortilla encrusted chicken tenders for a Mexican twist, and if you want a recipe using ground chicken, try these chicken nuggets (with hidden veggies)!
I like to serve them over some hot, steamed rice with a drizzle of soy sauce, and broccoli on the side but this would be great with cauliflower fried rice or quinoa fried rice with some stir fried vegetables.
How To Make Encrusted Chicken Tenders
- Start with a mix of sesame seeds and panko as your breading and put that in a shallow dish.
- Rather than dipping the chicken in egg, I mix sesame oil with soy sauce in a shallow bowl and use it to coat the chicken before pressing my crumbs on. This adds wonderful Asian flavor to the chicken.
- Then spritz the chicken evenly on both sides with oil before baking or cooking in the air fryer.
How To Meal Prep
Place 3/4 cup rice in each meal prep container, top with 2 pieces chicken and steamed veggies on the side. Refrigerate up to 4 days. I really love this glass Meal Prep Set from Pyrex, (affil link) the set comes with different size glass containers with lids that are easy to close and wash.
More Chicken Recipes You Might Like:
- Asian Glazed Drumsticks
- Turmeric Roasted Chicken and Sweet Potatoes
- Baked Chicken Thighs with Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Sesame Encrusted Baked Chicken Tenders
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick oil spray.
- Combine the sesame oil and soy sauce in a bowl, and the sesame seeds, salt and panko in another.
- Place chicken in the bowl with the oil and soy sauce, then into the sesame seed mixture to coat well.
- Place on the baking sheet; lightly spray the top of the chicken with oil spray and bake 8 to 10 minutes, until slightly browned on the bottom.
- Turn over and cook another 4 - 5 minutes or until cooked through and the edges are crisp. Serve over rice with more soy sauce, if desired.
Air Fryer Cook Time
- Preheat the air fryer 400F. Cook 10 to 12 minutes, flipping halfway until cooked through, crispy and golden.