This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Looking for something different to do with broccoli, then this easy side dish is for you. Perfect side with salmon, cod, chicken or steak. You could even make this a meal by sauteed this with strips of beef or chicken before making the broccoli!
Sesame Orange Broccoli
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 3 /4 cup
- kosher salt
- 12 oz broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil.
- Add broccoli and boil for 1 minutes.
- Drain and immediately place broccoli in a large bowl of ice water to stop it from cooking.
- In a small bowl add orange juice, soy sauce, orange zest and cornstarch, whisking until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Heat a non-stick wok or large deep skillet over high heat.
- Add sesame oil, scallions, garlic and ginger and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the sauce and broccoli and sauté 1 to 2 minutes, until the broccoli is crisp tender. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and red pepper flakes (if using).
- Serve immediately.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Makes 3 cups.
Serving: 3 /4 cup, Calories: 52 kcal, Carbohydrates: 10 g, Protein: 3 g, Fat: 1 g, Sodium: 295 mg, Fiber: 2.5 g, Sugar: 3 g