High-Protein Scrambled Eggs with Cottage Cheese
Add some cottage cheese to your scrambled eggs for an easy high-protein breakfast. The results are fluffy eggs with over 17 grams of protein per serving!
Scrambled Eggs with Cottage Cheese
Looking to get more protein in your breakfast without protein bars or shakes? Try these High-Protein Scrambled Eggs with Cottage Cheese. The eggs come out fluffy and delicious, and it only takes about five minutes to make. If you’re looking for other healthy scrambled egg recipes, try my Mushroom-Spinach Scrambled Eggs and Colombian Scrambled Eggs.
Like yogurt, I always have cottage cheese in my fridge since it’s such an easy source of protein. Sometimes I add it to my frittatas or waffles or make it the base of a breakfast bowl . Whisking cottage cheese into my scrambled eggs is almost too simple but definitely worth sharing. This is a great recipe for people who don’t like the taste of cottage cheese, but want to incorporate it into your meals because you can’t taste it.
Tips for perfect scrambled eggs
- Pan: Use a nonstick pan sprayed with oil to ensure that the eggs don’t stick.
- Cottage Cheese: Any brand of cottage cheese will work, but my favorite is Good Culture’s low-fat cottage cheese.
- Cooking: Use a rubber spatula to gently fold the eggs over for about one and a half to two minutes until they are just set.
How to serve
- Serve the eggs with whole grain toast and fresh berries.
- Wrap them in a tortilla to make breakfast tacos or burritos.
- Make breakfast sliders by putting the eggs in small potato buns. Add breakfast sausage or bacon for extra protein.
- Finish off your eggs with your favorite toppings for a breakfast bowl.
SCRAMBLED EGG WITH COTTAGE CHEESE VARIATIONS:
- Seasoning: Use different spices to change the flavors. For example, season with garlic and onion powders and dried basil and oregano for Italian or chili powder and cumin for Mexican.
- Veggies: Add spinach, mushrooms, or bell peppers to the eggs.
- Recipe Size: Double the recipe if you’re serving more people or halve it if you only need one serving.
MORE COTTAGE CHEESE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE:
- Cottage Cheese Egg and Sausage Frittata
- High Protein Oat Waffles
- Savory Cottage Cheese Bowl
- Roasted Strawberry Protein Smoothie
- High Protein Sandwich Bread
High Protein Scrambled Eggs with Cottage Cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese, I like Good Culture
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- olive oil spray
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, cottage cheese, kosher salt and black pepper, to taste with a fork.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-low heat and spray with oil. When warm, pour the eggs in.
- Using a rubber spatula, slowly scrape sections of eggs to the center of the pan as the bottom starts to set, creating soft folds for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes total until just set.
- Remove from the heat and serve.