Tuna Egg Salad is my go-to high-protein lunch when I need something quick – it takes about 15 minutes to make and can be meal prepped ahead.
Tuna Egg Salad
I’m always looking for ways to eat more protein throughout the day, and this easy lunch is a delicious way to do it! This tuna salad recipe is a hybrid between tuna salad and egg salad. This easy lunch is gluten-free, dairy-free, whole30 and low-carb. I like to keep the salad simple, just hard boiled eggs, tuna and mayo but you can add more ingredients, such as celery or Dijon mustard. For more similar recipes, try this Classic Egg Salad, Low-Yolk Egg Salad, and Mayo-less Tuna Pasta Salad.
Tuna Egg Salad Ingredients
I prefer to keep it simple so I only use four ingredients, plus salt and pepper. Here’s what else you’ll need:
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Packet of light tuna in water
- Mayonnaise (check labels for whole30)
- Red Onion
All you have to do is mix everything together and season with salt and pepper. So easy!
How to Serve
There are many ways you can enjoy this healthy tuna salad. I usually eat it with a spoon right out of the bowl, but below are some more ideas.
- Low Carb or Whole 30 –serve it over a bed of lettuce or make a lettuce wrap with large lettuce leaves or endive.
- Balanced Macros – make a tuna sandwich using whole-grain bread or as a wrap using a whole-grain tortilla,
This tuna salad is great for meal prep. You can double or triple the recipe and keep in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Add chopped veggies.
- Swap mayo for Greek yogurt.
- Stir in some Dijon mustard.
- If you want it spicy, add a few dashes of sriracha hot sauce.
More Tuna Recipes You’ll Love:
- Chickpea Tuna Salad
- Open-Faced Tuna Melt Sandwiches
- Tuna Deviled Eggs
- Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Italian Tuna and Brown Rice Salad
Tuna Egg Salad
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1 2.6 oz packet light tuna in water, I use less sodium
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, (check labels for whole30)
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop the eggs and add them to a bowl with the tuna, mayo and red onion.
- Mix to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Eat right out of the bowl with a spoon or piled on a piece of toast, in a wrap, over greens, etc.