Baked Chicken Parmesan
The Best Chicken Parmesan recipe, made a bit healthier! Breaded chicken cutlets are baked, not fried yet the chicken is so moist and full of flavor.
This is an easy chicken dinner the whole family will love! Made with homemade marinara sauce and melted mozzarella cheese. Serve it over pasta, zucchini noodles, roasted veggies or with a large salad to keep it on the lighter side.
We all love this dish in my home, it’s perfect for a weeknight yet good enough to serve to company. This is also how I bake my chicken cutlets if you want it without the cheese and sauce. Kid friendly and delicious, make this tonight!! Also, see my air fryer chicken parmesan recipe here!
The pros to baking the cutlets are you’re using less oil, and also making less mess than if you fry them.
How to make perfect boneless baked chicken breast in the oven:
- Heat the oven to 425°F for crisp crumbs and a juicy center.
- Cutting the chicken in half lengthwise speeds up the cook time and tastes better than if you leave it whole. This thinner breast takes about 25 minutes to cook.
- Rather than using an egg wash in my breading station, I brush some melted butter (or olive oil) onto the chicken before the bread crumbs. This helps the bread crumbs get extra crisp without frying for a healthier baked chicken parmesan that is so good, no one will know it’s lighter.
A few side dish recipes that would be great with this:
- Roasted Spaghetti Squash for a low-carb side dish recipe
- Easy Garlic Broccolini
- Broccoli and Orzo for a kid-friendly side dish recipe
- Roasted Tossed Mushrooms
More Chicken Recipes You May Like:
- Southwest Chicken Skillet
- Chicken Rollatini
- Braised Chicken with Tomatoes and Rosemary
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Roast Chicken with Rosemary and Lemon
Baked Chicken Parmesan
- 4 about 8 oz each chicken breast, fat trimmed, sliced in half lengthwise to make 8
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs, I used whole wheat, you can also use GF crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter, melted (or olive oil)
- 3/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese, I used Polly-o
- 1 cup marinara or Filetto di Pomodoro
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a large baking sheet lightly with spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl. Lightly brush the butter onto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb mixture. Place on baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Lightly spray a little more oil on top and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, spoon 1 tbsp sauce over each piece of chicken and top each with 1 1/2 tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.