The Best Chicken Parmesan recipe, made a bit healthier! Breaded chicken cutlets are baked, not fried yet the chicken is so moist and full of flavor.
Baked Chicken Parmesan
If you want to know how to make an easy chicken parmesan that doesn’t require deep frying, you came to the right place! This easy chicken dinner is delicious and healthy, the whole family will love it! It’s breaded and baked in the oven, then topped with my homemade marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese. Serve it over pasta, zucchini noodles, roasted veggies or with a large salad to keep it on the lighter side. For an air fryer version check out my air fryer chicken parmesan recipe.
How to make Baked Chicken Parmesan
The pros to baking the cutlets are you’re using less oil, and also making less mess than if you fry them.
How to make perfect boneless baked chicken breast in the oven:
- Heat the oven to 450°F for crisp crumbs and a juicy center.
- Cutting the chicken in half lengthwise speeds up the cook time and tastes better than if you leave it whole. This thinner breast takes about 25 minutes to cook.
- Rather than using an egg wash in my breading station, I brush some melted butter (or olive oil) onto the chicken before the bread crumbs. This helps the bread crumbs get extra crisp without frying for a healthier baked chicken parmesan that is so good, no one will know it’s lighter.
What to serve with chicken parmesan:
- Serve it over pasta and a big green salad
- Make is a Chicken Parm Sandwich and serve it on a roll
- To keep it lower in carbs, serve it with this sime Roasted Spaghetti Squash recipe
- Looking for an easy veggie, try it with this Easy Garlic Broccolini
- Broccoli and Orzo would make a great kid-friendly side dish
- Try it with a side of Roasted Tossed Mushrooms
More Chicken Recipes You May Like:
- Southwest Chicken Skillet
- Chicken Rollatini
- Braised Chicken with Tomatoes and Rosemary
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Roast Chicken with Rosemary and Lemon
Baked Chicken Parmesan
- 4 chicken breasts, about 8 oz each, sliced in half lengthwise to make 8
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs, I used whole wheat, you can also use GF crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter, melted (or olive oil)
- 3/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese, I used Polly-o
- 1 cup marinara or Filetto di Pomodoro
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a large baking sheet lightly with spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl. Lightly brush the butter onto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb mixture. Place on baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Lightly spray a little more oil on top and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, spoon 1 tbsp sauce over each piece of chicken and top each with 1 1/2 tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
1,265 comments on “Baked Chicken Parmesan”
What is the sodium content?
Loved this one. It is exactly the same recipe that I normally use, just less of the “bad” stuff! Tasted great!
Made exactly as recipe is written and it turned out great. Everyone loved it! I love that it isn’t difficult at all to make, yet is so tasty. Thank you for another winner!
Glad you enjoyed it!
Really perfect & easy.
This is by far the best Chicken Parmesan recipe I’ve ever tried. My husband comes to expect it for special occasions. It’s quick, easy and delicious!
Can this be prepared the day before?
My family loves this version of chicken parm. Great flavor.
Very good! Followed this recipe to the letter other than adding more seasoning to my already seasoned breadcrumbs. Came out perfect not dry. I like not having to pan fry first!!!!
I followed the recipe and it turned out great. I actually set my chicken on a wire rack on top of the pan in ensure it got crispy. I also seasoned the chichen first with some salt and pepper.
I found this recipe a few years ago via your IG page. I have made it so many times. And each time it’s spectacular. The simplicity and tastiness of it ,is what blows my mind each time I make it. I especially love that it can be made in record time too. AND I make it just as you say to make it. 😁My family loves it!! Thank you for this.
I’ve made this so many times and passed the recipe to friends..it’s delicious and a much easier and healthier way to make Chicken Parm!