Baked Chicken Parmesan
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
The Best Chicken Parmesan recipe, made a bit healthier! Breaded chicken cutlets are baked, not fried yet the chicken is so moist and full of flavor.
- 4 about 8 oz each chicken breast, fat trimmed, sliced in half lengthwise to make 8
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs (I used whole wheat, you can also use GF crumbs)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter (melted (or olive oil))
- 3/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese (I used Polly-o)
- 1 cup marinara or Filetto di Pomodoro
- cooking spray
Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a large baking sheet lightly with spray.
Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl. Lightly brush the butter onto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb mixture. Place on baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
Lightly spray a little more oil on top and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
Remove from oven, spoon 1 tbsp sauce over each piece of chicken and top each with 1 1/2 tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese.
Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
Serving: 1piece, Calories: 251kcal, Carbohydrates: 14g, Protein: 31.5g, Fat: 9.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 14mg, Potassium: 0mg, Fiber: 1.5g, Sugar: 0g, Vitamin A: 0%, Vitamin C: 0%, Calcium: 0%, Iron: 0%
Freestyle Points: 4
Points +: 6