This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
This is my go-to when I want to whip up a quick marinara sauce for everything from pasta, chicken parmesan, meatballs, lasagna roll ups, and more!
Also great with baked pasta recipes, eggplant parmesan, french bread pizzas or when I need a quick dipping sauce for zucchini sticks, mozzarella sticks or anything you like to serve with sauce.
I’m really picky with the brand of tomatoes I use, I always get the best results with Tuttorosso (green label), but if you have a favorite brand you are loyal to, feel free to use it.
Quick Marinara Sauce
This quick marinara is my favorite go-to recipe when I need to whip up a quick sauce.
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Size: 1 /2 cup
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes, I like Tuttorosso
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- In a medium pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute until golden, being careful not to burn.
- Add crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano, and bay leaf. Stir and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and let simmer about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add fresh basil.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 /2 cup, Calories: 53 kcal, Carbohydrates: 9.5 g, Protein: 0.1 g, Fat: 1 g, Saturated Fat: 0.1 g, Sodium: 282 mg, Fiber: 0.2 g, Sugar: 4.5 g