I’m really picky with the brand of tomatoes I use, I always get the best results with Tuttorosso (green label), but if you have a favorite brand you are loyal to, feel free to use it.
Quick Marinara Sauce
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes, I like Tuttorosso
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- In a medium pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute until golden, being careful not to burn.
- Add crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano, and bay leaf. Stir and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and let simmer about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add fresh basil.