The kids love these healthy Baked Zucchini Sticks! Bake them in the oven or in the air fryer (directions provided for both). Perfect served with marinara for dipping.
Baked Zucchini Sticks
These baked zucchini sticks are a healthier version of fried zucchini sticks or zucchini fries are delicious as a snack, appetizer or side dish. Heck, I’ve even made them for lunch! When my daughter Karina was younger, she used request them often! If you love zucchini as much as we do, check out all my zucchini recipes here.
I’ve been making this recipe for years, when Karina was younger it was my favorite way to make zucchini because I knew she’d eat them with no complaint. I serve them with my homemade marinara sauce on the side but that’s totally optional. The serving size is huge, each person gets a whole zucchini!
The only complaints I used to get was that I never made enough, so if you think this is a lot for four people, keep in mind they shrink a bit when they cook, I learned fast to make a big batch of these!
How To Make Zucchini Sticks
- For best results, it’s best to bread them in two batches so the crumbs don’t clump up.
- Although the recipe is written for four servings, you can easily make this for one or two. Simply cut the recipe in half or in quarters.
- To make them dairy-free, swap the parmesan cheese for more breadcrumbs.
- To make them gluten-free, swap the breadcrumbs for gluten-free seasoned crumbs.
More Zucchini Recipes
- Santa Fe Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Veggie Lasagna Stuffed Zucchini
- Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Zucchini
- Zucchini Rollatini
- Grilled Zucchini
Baked Zucchini Sticks
- cooking spray
- 4 medium 7 oz each zucchinis, ends trimmed
- 3 large egg whites beaten
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 cup seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cups quick marinara sauce for dipping optional
Baked Zucchini Sticks:
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cut each zucchini into 16 equal size sticks about 3-inches long and 1/2-inch thick.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites and season with salt and pepper. In a medium shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Romano cheese, garlic powder and mix well.
- Dip zucchini sticks into the egg whites then into the bread crumbs, a few at a time and coat well.
- Place the breaded zucchini sticks in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets and spray with more oil on top. Bake for about 22-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with 1/2 cup marinara sauce for dipping if desired.
Air Fryer Zucchini Sticks
- Preheat the air fryer 400F. Air fry in a single layer, in batches, 12 to 14 minutes, turning halfway until golden.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.