This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Pesto Parmesan Baked Tomatoes are delicious roasted tomatoes topped with pesto and shredded Parmesan cheese. So easy to make, only 3 ingredients!
There’s so many things I love about summer, and summer tomatoes are high on that list. For this recipe, the sweeter the tomatoes the better. I usually make my own pesto, but I had a jar of Delallo pesto I didn’t want to waste, and it was perfect.
How To Make Baked Tomatoes
Easy peasy, just slice the tomatoes, top with a little pesto and shredded parmesan cheese and bake in the oven. This would be yummy with Asiago or mozzarella as well. Serve them as a side with grilled chicken or fish, or even a simple pasta with garlic and oil.
Sometimes, I slice the tomatoes in four thick slices instead, which is perfect on crusty bread. Keep in mind doing so uses more pesto and cheese, so calories change. You can also something similar with chicken, tomatoes, pesto and cheese called Chicken Pesto Bake, so good!
Pesto-Parmesan Baked Tomatoes
Juicy, delicious roasted tomatoes topped with pesto and shredded Parmesan cheese. So easy to make, only 3 ingredients!
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 2 halves
- 4 medium tomatoes, halved
- 4 teaspoons basil pesto, store bought or homemade
- 5 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Arrange the tomatoes on a baking tray and top each with 1/2 teaspoon pesto and 1/2 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.
- Roast the tomatoes until the Parmesan cheese is slightly browned and melted, about 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 2 halves, Calories: 50 kcal, Carbohydrates: 1 g, Protein: 3 g, Fat: 4 g, Cholesterol: 5 mg, Sodium: 134 mg
Pin It To Save This Recipe!