I am a huge fan of the rice at Chipotle’s. Here is my copycat version for their cilantro lime rice, it tastes just like the real thing! Of course, I used less oil. Makes a wonderful side dish for chicken, beef or pork.
Chipotle’s Cilantro Lime Rice
How Do You Make Chipotle’s White Rice?
Start by cooking your rice in salted water with a little oil. Once the rice is cooked, you will want to fluff it with a fork, then add fresh lime juice and cilantro.
Do you use cilantro stems?
When I chop cilantro I use the leaves and some of the stems, the stems have great flavor!
What To Serve It With:
Chipotle's Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 cup extra long grain rice or basmati rice
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
- In a small heavy pot, add rice, water, 1 tsp oil and salt.
- Boil on high until most of the water evaporates. When the water just skims the top of the rice, reduce to low and cover about 20 minutes.
- Shut off flame and keep covered an additional 5 minute.
- In a medium bowl, combine chopped cilantro, lime juice, rice and remaining oil and toss until completely mixed.