Skip the bread and enjoy all the flavors you love in a BLT, without all the carbs in these easy lettuce wraps! So easy and seriously satisfies my BLT cravings. Add some avocado if you wish!
BLT Lettuce Wraps
When I’m eating low-carb, I love using lettuce leaves in place of bread for everything from Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps, Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps, and even Steak Lettuce Taco Wrap. BLTs are no exception! There is something about the flavor combination of a BLT that invokes childhood memories of sitting around mom’s kitchen table, it’s funny how the flavors of food can trigger a memory. Oh what I would give to be a kid for a day again! Back then mom made it on white bread, but today I enjoy them just as much on a lettuce wrap, same great flavors without the carbs. See all my lettuce wrap recipes here!
This is easy to make ahead for lunch on the go, you can use turkey bacon, low sodium or nitrate-free bacon or even meatless bacon, whatever your preference. I usually use center cut bacon which is sliced close to the bone so it’s slightly leaner than regular bacon but tastes just like the real thing.
How To Make Lettuce Wraps
Lettuce wraps are low-carb, keto, gluten-free and low calorie, and don’t interfere with the flavors of the filling. A few tips when making lettuce wraps:
- Look for lettuce leaves that are large enough to hold the filling. I like to use iceberg lettuce for larger cups. Romaine lettuce and baby romaine are also great.
- The leaves of butter or boston lettuce are smaller, but also wonderful.
- If you prefer, you can turn this into a big chopped salad by simply serving this over a bowl over chopped lettuce.
More lettuce wrap recipes you’ll love:
- Steak Taco Lettuce Wraps Chicken
- Chicken Club Lettuce Wrap Sandwich
- Tuna Lettuce Wrap with Avocado Yogurt Dressing
- Shrimp Dumpling Lettuce Wraps or Bowls
- Ground Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps
BLT Lettuce Wraps
- 4 slices center cut bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise, or whole30 approved mayo
- 3 large iceberg lettuce leaves
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 ounce avocado optional, add 1 point
- Carefully remove 2 large outer leaves of a head of lettuce. If you rip or tear one, just save it for the 3rd leaf you need to shred. Shred the 3rd leaf and set aside.
- Dice tomato and set aside in a bowl.
- Combine diced tomato with mayonnaise and fresh black pepper.
- Place lettuce cups on a plate, top with shredded lettuce. Add tomato then bacon and roll it like a wrap and dig in!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.