These 11 recipes for easy lettuce wraps are perfect anytime you need a light and fresh meal. Each wrap is healthy, low-carb, and packed with flavor.
The Best Easy Lettuce Wrap Recipes
You won’t miss the bread with these easy lettuce wraps! A great way to make a sandwich, burger or taco fresher, lighter and healthy but still flavorful. They have everything that you love about sandwiches or tortilla wraps, but without the heavy ingredients, gluten or carbs. Fill them with your favorite chicken salad, leftover roast beef, egg salad, cold cuts, ground beef taco meat, or use them in place of buns for burgers.
To help you get started, I’ve put together 11 of my favorite lettuce wrap recipes. They’re all light, quick and easy to make, and most importantly, fantastic tasting!
What is a Lettuce Wrap?
Lettuce wraps are exactly what they sound like: wraps that use lettuce in place of bread or tortillas. It’s that simple! Sometimes the lettuce is rolled up just like a wrap, while other times it’s more like a taco or an open-faced sandwich. You can turn any sandwich, burger or wrap into a lettuce wrap simply by replacing the bread or tortilla with a big piece of lettuce. Just place your filling in the center of a lettuce leaf and roll it up. It’s really that easy!
What’s the Best Lettuce to Use for Lettuce Wraps?
Look for leaves big enough to accommodate the meat, cheese, veggies, and sauce in your tasty wrap. Here are some of my favorite lettuce types for making wraps:
- Romaine. Romaine is nice and thick, with big leaves. So it’s perfect for holding fillings! It also is a pretty flavorful lettuce, so it adds a nice fresh taste to your wrap.
- Iceberg. Iceberg lettuce doesn’t have much flavor, but I just love the texture. It has that signature crunch that I can’t get enough of.
- Butter lettuce leaves. Butter lettuce has a natural bowl shape, so it can hold a lot of ingredients. Sometimes the leaves are big enough to roll up, but usually, butter lettuce is best for a taco-style wrap.
- Endive. Endive leaves aren’t as big as the other lettuces on this list. But they have an awesome canoe shape that’s perfect for holding ingredients!
11 Quick and Easy Lettuce Wrap Recipes to Try:
All of these recipes are packed with healthy and fresh ingredients. They’re quick and easy to make, and oh-so delicious!
1. Shrimp Dumpling Lettuce Wraps
2. Turkey Santa Fe Lettuce Wraps
3. Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
4. Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
5. BLT Lettuce Wraps
6. Steak Taco Lettuce Wraps
7. Buffalo Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
8. Ground Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps
9. Tuna Salad Endive Wraps
10. Chicken Club Lettuce Wrap Sandwich
11. Thai Chicken Peanut Lettuce Tacos
How to Store
It’s best to eat lettuce wraps the day you make them. If you store them in the fridge to make in advance, just make the filling ahead of time, and store it in an airtight container in the fridge. Whenever you’re ready for a fresh and tasty lettuce wrap, put the filling on a crisp leaf and you’re good to go!
Looking For Easy and Healthy Lunch Ideas?
Lettuce wraps are my go-to when I need a quick and easy lunch. If you want more healthy lunch ideas, check out my recipe finder. You’ll be able to find all sorts of yummy and easy recipes there!
6 comments on “11 Easy Lettuce Wraps”
I find wraps clumsy, but I’ve never been disappointed when I “deconstruct” them: chop the lettuce and treat them as a salad🙂
Thanks for these great recipes/ideas. I think I will make a different one each week for lunch on Fridays and call it my “wrap up the week” lunch!
This Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps looks delicious, thanks for the recipe, it doesn’t look complicated to make.
Love your recipes. I`m a Weight Watcher Member and use a lot of them of myself and my husband. keep up the great word and Thank You