Turkey Santa Fe Lettuce Wraps
When I’m eating low-carb, I love using lettuce leaves in place of bread for everything from Steak Lettuce Taco Wraps, Chicken Club Lettuce Wrap Sandwich, and BLT Lettuce Wraps. These turkey santa fe wraps made with turkey, corn, black beans, spinach and veggies are loaded with flavor! You can see all my lettuce wrap recipes here!
Have you ever had the Spinach Santa Fe Egg Rolls with the Cilantro Ranch Dipping Sauce from Chili’s? They’re dangerously good – I don’t even want to know how many calories they are. That’s where the inspiration for these lighter lettuce wraps came from. The lighting in these photos don’t even do them justice.
I actually made my turkey breast in the crock pot last week just so I could have leftovers to create this recipe. I had one for lunch (only 4 WW pp) but since they are so light I think two would be perfect for dinner. If you want to make them Paleo, leave out the beans and add more spinach. I used my Avocado Cilantro Ranch Dressing as my sauce and it was perfect. If you’re lazy, you can mash 1/4 avocado into 1/2 cup light ranch dressing instead.
This time of the year is so challenging to eat good. Holiday parties, staying over at relatives, Christmas cookies – I really need will power. So I wanted to create a leftover recipe for turkey that’s not just delicious, but also light after a day of indulging on mashed potatoes, gravy, and pumpkin pie.
How To Make Lettuce Wraps
Lettuce wraps are low-carb, keto, gluten-free and low calorie, and don’t interfere with the flavors of the filling. A few tips when making lettuce wraps:
- Look for lettuce leaves that are large enough to hold the filling. I like to use iceberg lettuce for larger cups. Romaine lettuce and baby romaine are also great.
- The leaves of butter or boston lettuce are smaller, but also wonderful.
- If you prefer, you can turn this into a big chopped salad by simply serving this over a bowl over chopped lettuce.
Try These Leftover Turkey Recipes:
- Leftover Turkey and Sweet Potato Frittata
- Leftover Turkey Tacos with Brussels Sprout Slaw
- Leftover Turkey Harvest Cobb Salad
- Leftover Turkey Noodle Soup
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Soup
Turkey Santa Fe Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup minced scallions
- 12 oz leftover turkey breast, diced small
- 2/3 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tbsp diced jarred jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 8 large Iceburg lettuce leaves
- 12 tbsp Avocado Cilantro Ranch Dressing
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the red bell pepper and scallions to the pan and sauté for 2 minutes until tender.
- Add the diced turkey, corn, black beans, spinach, jalapeno peppers, cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper to the pan. Cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, stirring well so the spinach gets mixed in with everything.
- Place about 1/3 cup of turkey mixture in the center of each lettuce leaf.
- Top each wrap with 2 tbsp cheese and 1 1/2 tbsp avocado sauce if desired.