Leftover turkey is delicious in turkey pot pie, so I thought why not use it to make turkey pot pie soup?
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and didn’t do too much damage to your waistline.
I spent Thanksgiving at my Mom’s house, she wouldn’t have it any other way. She makes Thanksgiving look effortless, but we all brought some dishes along to contribute. I made a cauliflower gratin which turned out great, I’ll be posting that soon.
And what to do with your leftover turkey? A turkey pot pie soup is comforting and a great way to use your leftover turkey. I made my own turkey stock from the turkey bones and some vegetables, but you can use canned, or even chicken broth. I took some extra pie crust I had and cut out shapes with a cookie cutter, then baked them to make little pie crust croutons, completely optional but I loved it.
Try These Leftover Thanksgiving Recipes:
- Leftover Turkey and Sweet Potato Frittata
- Leftover Turkey Tacos with Brussels Sprout Slaw
- Leftover Turkey Harvest Cobb Salad
- Leftover Turkey Noodle Soup
- Leftover Baked Turkey Croquettes
Turkey Pot Pie Soup Recipe
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups turkey stock
- 4 cups fat free milk
- 2 large celery stalks chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 8 oz sliced cremini mushrooms
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 8 oz frozen peas and carrots
- 1 tsp Turkey Better n Boullion or more to taste
- 2 medium 12 oz total potatoes, peeled and cubed small
- 16 oz cooked turkey breast diced small or shredded
- Create a slurry by combining 1/2 cup of the cold broth with flour in a medium bowl and whisk until well blended. Set aside.
- Pour remaining broth and milk into a large pot and slowly bring to a boil.
- Add celery, onion, mushrooms, parsley, fresh pepper, frozen vegetables, boullion and return to a boil. Partially cover and simmer on low until vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Remove lid, add potatoes and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add turkey, and slowly whisk in slurry, stirring well as you add. Cook another 2-3 minutes, until soup thickens, adjust salt and pepper to taste and serve.