Garlic Lover’s Roast Beef
If garlic isn’t your thing, I also have a recipe for classic roast beef and skinny buttermilk mashed potatoes with chives. Leftover roast beef make a great lunch the next day, some of my favorites are Roast Beef Sandwich with Melted Cheese and Caramelized Onions and Roast Beef Arugula and Shaved Parmesan on a Baguette.
With Father’s Day right around the corner, I thought it was time to re-shoot this recipe which means this is what’s for dinner tonight. I make roast beef quite often in my house because it’s pretty simple to make and we all love it. Roast beef is really hard to mess up as long as you have a meat thermometer and you let it rest before slicing.
For lunch today I made a delicious carved roast beef sandwich with melted cheese and sweet caramelized onions that I will be sharing tomorrow here, it was sooo good!
Garlic Lover's Roast Beef
Vampires beware, there’s garlic in every bite of this garlic lover’s roast beef! And if that’s not enough garlic, I like to serve this with my roasted broccoli with smashed garlic and skinny garlic mashed potatoes… in my house, there’s never too much garlic.
- 2-3 lb roast or eye round, all fat trimmed off
- 3-4 cloves garlic, cut into thin slivers
- olive oil spray (I used my misto)
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp dried chopped rosemary
- meat thermometer
- Remove the roast from refrigerator 1 hour before cooking to reach room temperature. Trim all the fat off the meat. Using a sharp knife, pierce meat about 1/2-inch deep and insert slivers of garlic in each hole, pushing all the way in. Lightly spray the meat with olive oil and season generously with salt, pepper and rosemary. Place the thermometer all the way into the center of the meat.
- Preheat oven to 350°. When the oven reaches 350°, place the roast in a roasting pan and put in the oven.
- Roast until the thermometer reads 130° for rare, 140° for medium rare, 150° for medium, and 155-160° for well done. Remove the roast from the oven and let it rest 10-20 minutes before you cut it so that the juices distributed evenly. I personally remove my roast beef from the oven when it is 135° for medium rare. The temperature will rise an additional 5 degrees as it sits.
- Slice thin and serve.
Yield: varies, Serving Size: 3 oz cooked
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 2
- Points +: 4
- Calories: 175 calories
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Sodium: 32mg
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 24g