Garlic Lovers Roast Beef is the best roast beef recipe, so flavorful and loaded with garlic as the name implies.
Garlic Lovers Roast Beef
Vampires beware, there’s garlic in every bite of this garlic lover’s roast beef! And if that’s not enough garlic, I like to serve this with a baked potato or garlic mashed potatoes because there’s never too much garlic in my house! Leftover roast beef make a great lunch the next day, some of my favorites are Roast Beef Sandwich with Melted Cheese and Caramelized Onions and Roast Beef Arugula and Shaved Parmesan on a Whole Wheat Baguette.
My family is always happy when they know roast beef is on the menu! And honestly, I love making roast beef on Sundays because it’s such an easy dinner and it always makes enough for leftovers. Making a perfectly juicy, medium-rare roast beef is easy with this foolproof recipe. The trick is to use an ovenproof meat thermometer such as this one (affiliate link) and you can’t mess up!
How To Make Perfect Roast Beef
- Remove the roast from the refrigerator and let it stand room temperature, about 1 hour. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Salt the entire roast liberally with kosher salt and seasonings.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and place the roast on a pan. Insert the ovenproof meat thermometer into the center of the roast and cook until your desired doneness: 135° to 140° for medium-rare, 150° for medium, and 155-160° for well done. I personally remove my roast beef from the oven when it reads 135° for medium-rare. The temperature will rise an additional 5 degrees as it rests.
- Always let the roast rest 10-15 minutes before you cut it so that the juices distribute evenly.
- Slice thin, across the grain and eat right away.
What cut of beef is best for roast beef?
- Eye of Round Roast
- Top Round Roast
- Bottom Round Roast
If garlic isn’t your thing, you can also try this recipe for classic roast beef which is super easy and delicious as well.
More Beef Recipes
- Pepper Steak
- Slow Cooker Italian Beef Hoagies
- Beef Chili
- Perfect Filet Mignon
- Soy Marinated Flank Steak
Garlic Lovers Roast Beef
- Remove the roast from refrigerator 1 hour before cooking to reach room temperature. Trim all the fat off the meat. Using a sharp knife, pierce meat about 1/2-inch deep and insert slivers of garlic in each hole, pushing all the way in. Lightly spray the meat with olive oil and season generously with salt, pepper and rosemary. Place the thermometer all the way into the center of the meat.
- Preheat oven to 350F. When the oven reaches 350F, place the roast in a roasting pan and put in the oven.
- Roast until the thermometer reads 130° for rare, 140° for medium rare, 150° for medium, and 155-160° for well done. Remove the roast from the oven and let it rest 10-20 minutes before you cut it so that the juices distributed evenly. I personally remove my roast beef from the oven when it is 135° for medium rare. The temperature will rise an additional 5 degrees as it sits.
- Slice thin and serve.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Photo credit: Jess Larson