Perfect Filet Mignon for Two
This easy recipe will give you perfect Filet Mignon every time. As a steak lover, I can’t think of a better meal to enjoy for on special occasions such as date night, Valentine’s Day or birthdays!
Filet mignon is the most tender cut of beef you can buy, and doesn’t require fancy seasonings – coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper is all you need for a delicious steak that’s pan seared then finished in the oven and cooked to perfection! I like mine medium rare, but you can cook it to your taste.
How To Make the perfect Filet Mignon:
- It’s practically foolproof if you have a meat thermometer, but you can also use the finger test just in case you don’t.
- This starts on the stove in a hot pan and finishes in the oven, so you’ll need a heavy oven-safe skillet or cast iron skillet to make this.
- Preheat your oven before starting because it takes just a few minutes in the oven to finish.
- You’ll want to bring the meat up to room temperature, so let it sit on the counter at least 30 minutes before you’re ready to cook.
It’s perfect with sauteed or roasted vegetables on the side, such as Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut, Roasted Brussels Sprouts Gratin, Roasted Cauliflower Rice with Garlic and Lemon, or pictured above I made a quick sauteed garlic broccolini, also serve it with Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
Perfect Filet Mignon for Two
Filet mignon is the most tender cut of steak you can buy, and doesn’t require fancy seasonings – coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper is all you need for a delicious steak that’s pan seared then finished in the oven and cooked to perfection!
- 2 (6 oz) beef tenderloin filet mignon steaks, trimmed of fat
- olive oil cooking spray (I used my mister)
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Let the steaks rest on the counter to come up to room temperature at least 30 minutes before ready to cook
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spray the steak lightly all over with olive oil, then season both side generously with kosher salt and black pepper.
- When the oven is ready, heat the skillet over high heat until the pan is very hot.
- When hot, add the steaks and cook, without moving for 2 1/2 minutes. Turn over and cook an additional 2 to 2-1/2 minutes.
- Sear the sides of the steaks for about 1 minute so it’s browned all over.
- Place the steaks in the oven for about 4 to 5 minutes, then check them with the meat thermometer inserted into the side of the steak.
- Remove when the steaks read 125° F for Medium Rare, or 130° F for medium.
- Let them rest 5 to 10 minutes before serving (meat temperature will rise 5 to 10 degrees after it is removed from the oven).
Yield: 2 servings, Serving Size: 1 steak
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 5
- Points +: 6
- Calories: 246 calories
- Total Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 101mg
- Sodium: 75mg
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 36g
Pin It To Save For Later!