Egg White Muffins
These easy Egg White Muffins are loaded with egg whites, cottage cheese, bell pepper, broccoli, scallions, and shallots, baked in a muffin tin with turkey bacon, and topped with a little cheddar cheese. They’re naturally gluten-free and delicious! More breakfast muffin recipes you may like are Broccoli and Cheese Egg Muffins and Loaded Baked Omelet Muffins.
Are egg whites healthy?
Egg whites are healthy as they are very low in calories and high in protein. However, they have less nutrition than egg yolks. So, if your main goal is to reduce calories, then egg whites are a good choice, but if you want all the nutrition that eggs offer, don’t skip the yolks.
How much protein is in egg whites?
One egg white has 3.6 grams of protein, and one serving of these healthy egg white muffins has 20 grams of protein.
Egg White Muffins Ingredients
- Egg Whites: Buy a 16-ounce carton of egg whites.
- Cottage Cheese: You’ll need one small container of 2% cottage cheese.
- Seasoning: Garlic powder, seasoning salt
- Onions: Chop shallots (or red onions) and scallions.
- Bell Pepper: I like using orange or red bell pepper.
- Broccoli: Steam and chop a half cup of fresh or frozen broccoli.
- Turkey Bacon: Cut six slices of turkey bacon in half. I used Applegate, but any brand will do.
- Cheese: Sharp shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Egg White Muffins
- Vegetables: Sauté the shallots, scallions, and bell pepper in olive oil over medium-low heat for about five minutes. Add in the broccoli and cook for a minute.
- Egg Mixture: Combine the egg whites, cottage cheese, garlic powder, and seasoning salt, and then mix in the vegetables.
- Line a muffin tin with a half slice of turkey bacon around the edges, pour in the eggs, and top the cups with shredded cheese.
How long do you bake egg white muffins?
Bake veggie egg muffins at 350°F for 25 minutes until set.
How to Meal Prep Egg White Muffins
These egg white muffins last in the fridge for up to 4 days, which means they’re an excellent option for meal prep. They are convenient to have for a fast high- protein breakfast. Once the muffins are done baking, let them cool and then store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Heat them for about 30 seconds before eating. You can also freeze then thaw overnight in the fridge before heating.
- Eggs: I used one carton of egg whites. If you prefer yolks, you can use half whole eggs and half whites or all whole eggs. You’ll need about two cups total.
- Vegetables: You can substitute the veggies with anything you like. Try it with leftover roasted veggies, mushrooms, spinach, etc.
- Cheese: Swap the cheddar with shredded Swiss or mozzarella.
More Breakfast Egg Recipes You’ll Love:
- Omelet Tortilla Breakfast Wrap
- Veggie, Ham, and Cheese Breakfast Egg Casserole
- Chorizo Breakfast Bowl
- Bacon, Egg, and Avocado Breakfast Sandwich
- Avocado Toast with Haloumi and Egg
Egg White Muffins with Turkey Bacon, Cottage Cheese, and Veggies
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 16 ounce carton egg whites
- 5.3 ounce container 2% cottage cheese, a little over 1/2 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt, like adobo
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots or red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 medium orange or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped steamed broccoli or frozen
- 6 slices Applegate uncured turkey bacon, cut in half (from 1 8 oz package)
- 1/4 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- olive oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a nonstick 12 cup muffin tin VERY generously with oil so the eggs don't stick.
- Sautéed the shallots, scallions and bell pepper in oil over medium-low heat, cook until tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and cook 1 more minute.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the egg whites, cottage cheese, garlic powder and seasoning salt.
- Add the veggies and mix.
- Using 12 cup muffin tin, line each cup with a half slice turkey bacon around the edges and pour in the egg mixture, about 1/3 cup each.
- Top with the shredded cheese and bake in the center of the oven about 25 minutes, until set.