Avocado Toast with Halloumi and Soft Boiled Egg is a fresh spin on avocado toast made with roasted peppers, 7-minute soft-boiled eggs, and sunflower seeds.
Avocado Toast with Halloumi and Egg
This avocado toast with egg recipe is perfect for breakfast and brunch or lunch if you pair it with a salad. I really love avocado toast because it’s an easy way to get fiber and healthy fats into my diet. Some other variations of this I usually make are Avocado Toast with Egg, Hummus Avocado Toast, and even Crab Avocado Toast.
Hi there, I’m Heather K. Jones—I’m a dietitian, the nutrition expert for the Skinnytaste cookbooks, and the founder of the weight and wellness program Feel Better Eat Better. If you struggle with emotional eating or weight anxiety, be sure to check out my free Masterclass by clicking RIGHT HERE. You’ll find out the exact steps I teach my clients to create lasting success from the inside-out, even if they’ve tried everything.
On a recent trip to New York City I had brunch in Soho where I had the most amazing avocado toast. I’ve had avocado toast in so many different ways over the years, but this version I’m sharing today is extra special!
It’s layered with roasted red peppers, seared halloumi cheese and sliced avocado, and then topped with a 7-minute soft-boiled egg, sunflower seeds and micro-greens—YUM! I’ve been making this on repeat for the last few months. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!I’m excited for you to try it! And if you struggle with emotional eating and weight anxiety, I would love to welcome you to my Food Freedom workshop starting on September 20th.
How do you make the best avocado toast?
Because avocado toast only uses a few ingredients, you want to be sure you’re using the highest quality ingredients possible. For this recipe I used fresh bread from my local bakery, a ripe avocado, farm fresh eggs, organic jarred roasted peppers, microgreens from my local farmers market, and halloumi cheese. Pickled red onions would also be delish!
How do you know if an avocado is ripe?
An avocado yields to gentle pressure when they’re ready to eat—if it’s overly ripe it will be too mushy to slice.
Is avocado toast healthy?
Yes! This recipe is a healthy combination of avocado (full of healthy fats, fiber and lots of vitamins and minerals, including magnesium, B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, and folate), a soft-boiled egg (loaded high-quality protein and good fats, and rich in vitamin B2, vitamin B12, vitamin D, selenium and iodine), roasted red peppers (high in vitamin C and other antioxidants) and halloumi cheese (a great source of protein and calcium).
Are there other ways to make avocado toast?
There are so many other possible avocado toast toppings! Here are a few to try…
- Avocado toast topped with salmon, red onions and capers
- Try it with goat cheese and chives
- Jazz it up with pico de gallo
- Make it vegetarian with cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil
- Top it with bacon and fried egg
- Avocado toast topped with everything bagel seasoning
More Avocado Toast Recipes:
- Avocado Toast with Lemon and Kale
- Hummus Avocado Toast
- Avocado Toast Eggs in a Hole
- Avocado Toast with Egg and Smoked Salmon
- Avocado Crab Toast
If you’re like me and love this avocado toast recipe, I’d love to hear how you top yours! Comment below and if you want more inspiration, there’s lots of great ideas in the comments!
Avocado Toast with Halloumi and Soft-Boiled Egg
- To make the 7 minute egg: Bring a small pot of water to boil over high heat.
- Carefully add the egg and boil for 7 minutes.
- Remove egg with a slotted spoon or small ladle and place immediately in a bowl of ice water and set aside.
- Meanwhile, put bread in the toaster and toast to desired doneness.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Spray lightly with olive oil then lay the sliced halloumi in the pan.
- Cook for 45 seconds then, using a spatula, carefully flip and cook an additional 30 seconds, or until each side is nicely browned.
To assemble the toast:
- Peel the cooked egg and slice in half.
- Place halloumi on the toasted bread then layer with the red pepper slices and avocado.
- Top with halved egg, microgreens, sunflower seeds, salt and pepper to taste.