This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Hummus Avocado Toast
Cleaning out my fridge I whipped up this easy sandwich for lunch. It was so good I had it again the next day for breakfast!
Meal Prep Tips for Avocado Toast:
- To store unused ½ of avocado, wrap tightly with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator.
- Leave the pit in and get the wrap as close to the surface of the fruit as possible.
- If browning occurs, gently scrape the exposed flesh with a butter knife and voila, beautiful green avocado lies within!
- Use multi-grain bread from the bakery section of the supermarket which they sell sliced and tastes so much better than the packaged bread. Dave’s Killer bread is also a great option!
- If you’re in a hurry, you can swap a pre-boiled egg for the sunny side up one.
More ways to make Avocado Toast:
- Avocado Toast with Lemon and Kale
- Avocado Toast Eggs in a Hole
- Avocado Toast with Egg and Smoked Salmon
- Avocado Crab Toast
If you’re like me and love avocado toast, I’d love to hear how you top yours!
Hummus Avocado Toast
This simple vegan hummus-avocado toast is perfect for breakfast or lunch! Multigrain toast topped with good-for-you toppings ready in under 5 minutes, what could be better!
Yield: 1 serving
Serving Size: 2 toasts
- 2 slices sliced whole grain bread, toasted (1 oz each) I used Arnold Nature's Harvest Light multigrain bread
- 2 tbsp hummus, store bought or homemade
- 6 thin cucumber slices
- 1 small radish, sliced thin
- 1 oz avocado, sliced thin (from 1/4 small haas)
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup baby arugula
- 1 wedge fresh lemon
- everything bagel seasoning, optional
- Spread the toast with hummus, top with cucumber, radish and avocado, sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper. Top with arugula and lemon juice.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 2 toasts, Calories: 249 kcal, Carbohydrates: 32 g, Protein: 10.5 g, Fat: 9.5 g, Sodium: 467 mg, Fiber: 8 g, Sugar: 4 g